Chapter 1 - Hello. Nice to meet ya!

Present time

It was a gloomy Gotham night. Patters heard from the roof, as a figure ran over the tiles, jumping from one building to another, following a sleek black car. The figure flipped off the roof, climbing down the side of the building, blending into the shadows.

Another figure emerged near her, clad in all black, a symbol of a bat upon his chest. He stealthily found a way around the girl, grabbing her, covering her mouth with a hand.

"Who are you, and what do you want with Bruce Wayne?"

"Hmhmfmjf!" She said, her voice muffled by the Bat's hand

"What is it?"

She pried off his hand, and turned to her, with a pout on her face.

"Well, I said, 'Nothing, I just wanted to meet you', so, Hello! Nice to meet ya!"

His eyes narrowed, before putting his arms up, and punching her in the face. Or... attempting to, at least.

She parried, and kicked him in response. A small bout commenced, between the two. Punches, jabs, kicks, shoves, flying everywhere.

"What do you want with me? And why are you following Bruce Wayne?" he asked, again, very visibly agitated.

"Nothing! Just... was curious, I suppose. Also... you are Bruce Wayne. Also, also... you're the first ever and only person to defect from the league. You're pretty famous down there."

"The league? The league of assassins? What is your connection to them?"

She didn't seem to be a part of the league. No katanas visible, and the uniform was different as well. She seemed to be wearing a lightweight metal armour instead of the usual black getup.

"Well, obviously, I am an assassin. And I came after you... to meet you? I guess. Yeah, I'm on break. Like.. an assassin break for school, except that I got expelled, so I don't really have school. Leaving me with way too much free time. So I thought I'd investigate the famous bat. You catch my drift?"

The batman silently assessed the situation, before pressing a small button on his suit, unseen. He goes back to fighting.

The girl continues with her attacks, not seeming phased, as if this high level combat were totally normal, however, considering she was an assassin, it probably was. She seemed to be trained in most martial arts- jujitsu, judo, karate, taekwondo, boxing, Muay Thai, Aikido, Tai chi. She didn't seem to face any difficulty keeping up with the Batman. Instead... she seemed almost at ease.

As she managed to get the upper hand on the fight, something whizzed through the air, piercing her arm, through the chinks in her armour.

A needle. A tube? A tranquillizer dart.

"Dam, you, Batman... totally not fair. Having an accomplice. Screw you, Birdbrain!"

And so, the girl collapsed in a heap on the ground, as Batman, and another, began to tie her up.

"Bring her to the cave." Batman said, "She's suspicious. Following me. She also knows my identity, and is a part of the league. We'll interrogate her. And put some information about her in the database. Then we can send her to the GCPD."

"Right." The second said, slightly intrigued. The league? Well... this was a surprise.

-

Exactly two years ago

"Percy! We've finally found someone you might be related to, isn't that great? It was quite hard to contact them, almost as if they didn't want to be found. Maybe they can take you in while we look for your mother!"

"Really, officer Langdon? Well... that's great, I suppose. I finally get to meet mom's side of the family- even though it's without her..."

"Oh, come on Percy. It'll get better soon, okay? They'll always be in your heart."

"Right,"

Percy Jackson is currently sitting in the NYPD, after calling up to report her missing mother. The officers were on the case, and a few were looking for family that she could temporarily stay with, despite being of age already. 'It's dangerous. Perhaps they targeted your mother for a reason. You should stay with someone', they said. Please. Danger was Percy's eighth middle name. After loyal, seaweed, brain, who, is, always, and in.

"Right. The lady is your mom's sister. Apparently, Sally Jackson was adopted. We did a few DNA tests to find out that she is related to a famous businesswoman, Talia al Ghul. Did you know your mother had arabic origins?"

Pause.

"I'm sorry, what?! My mom was adopted. And a DNA test told you that she has some long lost sister that she never mentioned before? And if so... why wasn't she living with her family, and are you sure they would take me in? What makes you think that?"

"Well... no one can resist your sarcastic charm, Perce. Also... she said she would, on the phone call, that is."

"Right."

"Yeah. She's currently on a business trip in Nanda Parbat, but she said she'd be here to pick you up in an hour or two, she's getting the fastest jet she can. Isn't that nice?"

"I guess. I mean, I don't even know her, so... i don't know if she's actually nice or not."

"Well.. I suppose that you could get to know her."

"What choice do I have? Anyways, about my mother's case, have you found anything new?"

"No, not yet, but we have some of our finest men on the trail."

"We don't even know if she's still alive. And, wouldn't it have been better for me to be kidnapped, i mean, for ransom and all. Cus, I can't really do anything about this."

"That's what I thought, but perhaps they kidnapped her to try and force her to do something, or sign something, that's our line of thought for now."

"Hm. Well... tell me if you get anything new, okay? And thanks Officer Langdon, for everything."

"No problem, kid. It'll all be okay. Things will get to normal soon."

Percy scoffed under her breath and mumbled, looking at the officer as he walked away from her.

When is anything ever normal?