Chapter 26 - Of Stockings and Shootings [part 1]

Today was the day before Christmas Eve. 

Percy had spent most of her time at the Wayne Manor, getting the ballroom ready for the gala, as well as decorating the rest of the house with Alfred. She was even invited to help the boys and Bruce set up the tree. 

Percy had streamers of green, red, blue, silver and gold hung up over every window, as well as icicle ornaments hung on the gala trees. 

Bruce asked her where she managed to get such realistic icicles, that happened to feel just a bit cold as well, and offered to pay her in full, but she dismissed it.

"Oh come on Bruce! My cousin has a cousin who is very good at making ice replicas, and well... you know, she decided to make a load more than ordered, and shipped the rest off to me cus I told her I worked here. Consider it a Christmas gift. As well as the cookies that I made- blue and silver icing to go with the gala theme, don't worry. We're having an icy christmas this year, I know."

"Ha" Bruce sighed, shaking his head with a smile on his face, "you're very good at your job, I must say, Ms. Priscilla, I'm glad to see that it was a good decision on my part, hiring you."

"Anything for the waynes, Mr. Bruce." Percy said, winking a little.

He laughed and dismissed the notion, telling her to go take a break.

-

Percy hummed to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer as she finished setting up the gala room. She had already packed her bags and brought them to the Manor- she was staying two days this time, th day before, and the day after to help with cleaning and preparations. With overtime pay, of course. And a bonus from Bruce.

"Old Hag. What are you doing?" a snooty voice said, shaking Percy out of her thoughts.

"Oh Master Damian, hello. Just setting up for the gala, do you need something?"

"Hmph." Damian said looking away, "I wish to know more about you. You seem very suspicious. I heard part of your conversation, the other day. When you fainted. Pathetic if you ask me. Who's Annie? Thalia- who is she, and why is she going to kill you?"

Percy's expression soured.

"Thalia is my cousin. And Annie is my best friend. I was speaking to them because I didn't contact them for two years, and they were really mad at me. 'Killing me', was a joke. Damian, look, I work here, so you have some superiority over me, but in real life, I want you to know, that while you may be rich, I don't bow down to brats. Eavesdropping on my call, that was not right. Unjustifiable. It's behaviour I just do not expect from the Wayne Scion. Honestly, I'm disappointed in your lack of manners. I expected more. Stop intruding into my life outside work, and I won't bother you. But try something like this again, I'll go to Bruce. And I don't think he'll be too pleased with you."

Damian held Percy's stare, before looking away, a grumpy expression on his face.

"Then at least tell me, is Priscilla your name? I heard the girl call you Percy."

"Damian. Percy is just a nickname. I don't like the name Priscilla. Sounds very stuck up. Done?"

Percy answered, not mentioning that Priscilla was in fact not her name.

"Tt. Whatever."

-