Chapter 11 - "Long time, no talk?"

Percy was officially the Wayne Manor maid. Well... technically, apprentice butler. She was expected to wear a black suit at all times inside the manor. It was a bargain she got so that she didn't need to wear the maid dress uniform. She detested it, to put it simply. Too much lace.

She knew she should hate the job, but she couldn't help but like Alfred. He reminded her of her mother. Not to mention that she could finally actually meet her cousin. Well... sort of.

"Ok, Priscilla, you know Master Timothy, these are the other boys. Masters Damian, Richard and Jason. The latter of which will be rarely seen around. Now you must understand that their word is law. Unless, it goes against Master Bruce's word. If it does, then just feel free to ignore them. Also, Masters Damian and Jason will be a bit... rash at first, however they will warm up to you eventually, so no need to worry."

"Oh, that's ok. I used to be a counselor at a summer camp- I can handle kids."

"Hmm." Alfred said, looking at her dubiously.

"Right, so your tasks are on the list. If anything is needed, contact me and me only. Do not make any sign of communication with the Masters, unless one of the speak to you first. You will be seeing them around the house."

"Alright... let me see...", Percy said, looking at the list she was given.

Tasks for the day:
1. Collect laundry from all rooms.
2. Do the laundry
3. Clean the swimming pool
4. Walk Titus
5. Make snacks for the Masters.

"Is this it?"
"Yes, this will be all for now, as I am capable of handling the harder tasks. Are you able to do all this?"
"Of course!"
"Good, then you may get started now."

And so she did.

She began by following the map she borrowed from Alfred, to the rooms to collect laundry. She entered the first one, painted red, no people, no clothes, normal bed, and a bunch of guns up on the wall.

'Red Hood?' Percy guessed.

She then went to another room, dark blue, with a brightly colored bed, staffs perched up on the windowsill, as if it were some sort of interior decor.

'No need to guess who this room belongs to' Percy thought, looking at the nameplate on the table.

'Dick Grayson. Hm. What an odd nickname he has', Percy thought, as she collected the two shirts that were dumped in the corner of the room.

Timothy's room was dark, with curtains closed, tech and metal parts littering the whole room, bed with books piled all over, and one half asleep teenager drooling over his coffee.

"Percy? What are you doing here?" He mumbled, rubbing his eyes from under his glasses.

"Work. I'm the apprentice butler, actually. Need your laundry. Got any for me?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah, in the basket."

"..."
"..."

" Tim, which basket?" Percy asked, staring at the multiple baskets, with clothes, uniforms, books, iPads, and robot parts.

"Uh... the dark green one, I think."

"OK, thanks!"

And now, last room to enter... Damian Wayne's room.

Percy braced herself, as she knew Damian was going to be nothing short of extremely rude. After all, he was his mother's son.

Hesitantly, she pushed the door open. He was sitting on the bed, petting his dog, chin up with a smug look on the face, as if he knew she was going to enter. Which he probably did.

"And just who are you, Peasant?"

"A lowly maid, young Master.", Percy said, with the slightest hint of sarcasm that just anybody except Damian would notice

He seemed pleased with her answer, on the contrary.

"Right, and just why is this lowly maid in my room?"

"To collect the laundry sir,", she said, pausing, "if I may."

Percy was stifling laughs by now. If she had to describe her cousin dearest in a word, it would be 'snooty'.

Damian wrinkled his nose and tutted, trying to act superior, and looked away and upwards, as if the sight of Percy disgusted him.

"Don't talk to me. You are far below me, the blood son. Get on with it and leave me be"

Percy nearly fell over from trying to hide her laughter. Damian was hilarious. And extremely dramatic.
"Just like Talia,", she mumbled, so softly that nobody would hear.

But of course, Damian Wayne did.

He stiffened and looked at Percy, scrutinizing her.

"What did you just say?"

"Forgive me, young Master, I was just comparing you to my oh so clever cousin, Thalia Grace. She behaves just as badly as you do." Percy said, muttering the last part, hoping he would believe her lie. Not that she was lying.
Not entirely, anyways.

Damian huffed, and relaxed, before processing what she just said.

"How dare you speak to me that way. Get out!" Damian said sourly. Growling at the end. Titus simply tilted his head at he.

"Gladly", Percy mumbled, grabbing his laundry from next to the bed before leaving, making sure to slam the door on the way out.

Damian Wayne would be a tough nut to crack. If only she didn't have to maintain her identity.

Percy groaned out loud as she hauled the large bag of laundry away, moving towards Bruce's room.

-

Percy was in her first ever dilemma since joining the Wayne staff.

She didn't know how to operate a washing machine. Just the dryer. For obvious reasons called powers.

She couldn't ask Alfred, he would wonder how she washes her clothes, then, and if she did. He would probably think she was some dirty pig. So how would she wash the clothes?

She decided to do the only thing she could.
Call Annabeth.

And pray for her life, since she knew that she would get told off for not communicating and totally icing out her friends and family. On the dad's side.

She steeled her nerves, and dialed the number on her Demi phone.

"Hello, Annabeth Chase here...who is this calling?" A voice rang out from the phone, a tone willed with suspicion.

Percy took a deep breath and spoke into the phone, glancing around nervously, as if Annabeth would pop out of the walls and come to kill her.

"..."

"Uh... Annie, it's me. Percy Jackson. Long time no talk?"