chapter 8

Chapter 8 

3rd Person's POV

Zhan came home happy, and feeling better, his sadness and the pain inside his heart somewhat lifted a little.  He even brought back a box of cake that his friend Fox bought for him.

"Good Evening Mr. Zhan.” 

“Good evening to you too, Mr. Lee. Here, take this box to the kitchen, that's a cake.” Zhan greeted the butler and handed him the box he was carrying.

"Cake? Is there any occasion Mr. Zhan?"

"Ah, no, my friend gave it to me, he just came home from the States yesterday. We met earlier so he bought me one." Xiao Zhan explains.

"Oh! Zhan you've arrived, come and the meal is ready.” Nanny Lin remarks as she saw Zhan’s already home. 

"Why did you still cook? Didn't I text you that I'll be home late?” 

“Young master Yibo is here, he suddenly came home, so Nanny Lin immediately cooked dinner.” It was Mr. Lee who answered. 

Zhan immediately made his way to the dining area, and it's true he saw Yibo sitting in his usual place. Zhan immediately took his seat, because he didn't want him to say anything anymore. 

Nanny Lin immediately served Zhan's food. 

"Please enjoy your food. I'm happy to see you both having a meal together. 

"Thank you Nanny Lin." Zhan smiled. 

"All right, I'll leave you two alone." And they start eating their food. 

"What time did you come home?” He asked Yibo, but he didn't even bother to answer his question. 

What’s up with him this time?   Zhan curiously asked in his mind and noticed the grim expression written all over Yibo’s face. 

Maybe he had a fight with Emily that’s why he looks so angry.   He thought. 

In the past even if Yibo was mad at him he never ignored him. Even in an angry tone, he would still answer.

"Is there a problem?” He asked, feeling a little annoyed. 

"Who was that man with you earlier at the cake shop? Is he your lover?” Yibo asked back angrily.

"What are you saying?" Zhan looked at Yibo with confusion. He wonders how did he knew he was  at a cake shop with someone. 

Is he spying on me?    He thought.

Maybe he was trying to find some fault so he could divorce me easily. 

“What are you trying to say Yibo? That guy is my childhood friend, he just visited me because he just came home from the United States." Zhan explains, though he’s not really sure if Yibo believes him.

Yibo’s been always like that towards Zhan, he won’t accept any explanation or reasoning, because for him, he’s always right.

"Really, huh? Well I don't really care whomever he is in your life. Isn’t that good though?  Why don’t you go to him? I mean, why not live with him, and let me and Emily be.” 

Zhan shook his head in disbelief, he didn't think that Yibo would really accuse him of having another man. When in fact he was the one having an affair, but now he’s  pointing fingers at Zhan. 

"Don't worry just give me sometime and I'll leave, and be with someone I know will surely cherish me.” Zhan stood up.

"When will that be? Huh?! Why don't you do it now? Why do you take so much time to do it?!"  Yibo yells.

"Are you really in a hurry to marry that Emily?" Zhan yelled back. "Don't make it too obvious that you’re really eager to marry that woman,  because I'll only make it even harder for the both of you.”  Zhan wiped off his tears. He couldn't stop the tears that flowed like a river down to his cheeks. 

What Yibo said was too much, knowing that Yibo couldn’t bear being with him anymore really pains him. Though Zhan knows that Yibo doesn’t have any feelings for him, still he can’t stop himself  from loving Yibo. 

"How dare you!” Yibo exclaimed.

 "Yes! How dare I say something like that to you. Oh, right, I was the one who insisted on this marriage.” Zhan retorted sarcastically  and smiled bitterly.  

 Yibo slammed his hand to the table and glares at Zhan,  “What else do you want? Just tell me and I will give it to you, just leave us alone, so I could be with Emily." Yibo uttered, almost begging. 

“All I ever wanted was for you to choose another woman to love.”

Zhan didn't bother waiting for Yibo's replies and left him at the dining table, and the latter didn’t  even bother  to chase after him.

Zhan wanted to escape from that house — from Yibo. But before he could even step out of the house, he met Mr. Lee.

"Where are you going, Mr. Zhan? It's getting late and cold outside." Mr. Lee asked with full of worries. . 

“I’ll just leave for a while Mr. Lee, I just can't breathe here anymore, and I don’t wanna see Yibo right now. I need to get away.” 

"Do you want me to drive you off, to where you're going?” 

"No, thank you, Mr. Lee but I can manage.” Zhan marched his way out of the house and hailed a taxi.

He was planning to see Yanli and the others so he called Jiang Cheng. 

"Cheng, are you busy? Can you call everyone? I just want to see you guys.”

"We're still alive," Cheng answered jokingly, ''I'll call the others. What happened between you and Yibo this time? -- Hurry up, come over to the apartment. And… Oh! Don't forget to bring some drinks, okay? Bye… see you later.”

 "Sure! Just wait for me there.”

Cheng knows very well that Yibo and Zhan had a fight again. Cheng is the first person that Zhan calls if they have a fight, and they often drink at his apartment every time it happens.

Zhan dropped by first to a nearest convenient store, near Cheng's apartment. He bought a lot of beers planning to get drunk and wasted with his friends and forget about his problems for a while.

They were the only people that Zhan would share his problems and sentiments with in his life. He can express his pains and misery only to them, especially his friend Fox.

Zhan still lucky to have a friend's like them, who is willing to listen to him and comfort him anytime

We often tell awful our days and how miserable our life to our friends, we're lucky to have this kind of people who is willing to comfort and listen pir story.

Thank u for reading my story, please comment and don't forget to vote ☺️☺️ .....