chapter 6

Chapter 6

 Zhan POV

We arrived in Chongqing around 11o’clock and only butlers of the Wang family picked us up. Our travel from the airport to the ancestral house was quite peaceful and Yibo was busy looking outside the window. 

"This place hasn't changed". he suddenly said. I look at him and it seems he really misses this place. "The house is well maintained, young master.” I heard the butler reply to him. 

The ancestral house of the Wang’s is really big, but you can call it a compound because not only the Wang mansion was there but other family members as well. Just right behind the Wang mansion.

Mr. Han parked the car in front of the house. I was about to get out of the car when Yibo opened the door, at first I was hesitant to take his hand but when I saw his family at the doorsteps. I reached out and accepted his hand. "We're here now, be good." he suddenly whispered to me, in a warning tone.

 "Don't worry I don't want trouble either". I answered him. I know he's worried as to what his parents might say.

We were greeted by Mrs. Wang—Wang Yibo’s mother, his grandfather and Auntie Beth. 

"Zhan, Yibo, it's good that you're here already. We miss you two" said Yibo's mom. 

"Zhan Zhan? Is that you ?! You look thinner than the last time I saw you." said his grandfather while he grabbed me by my shoulders. 

"Because I've been too busy lately. That's why I'm like this and lost some weight." I told them I don't want them to worry about me. Maybe they will scold Yibo again. I don't want to add fuel to the fire and Yibo's anger towards me. If possible I have to protect him. 

"Or maybe you're neglecting your husband Yibo?!” Suddenly, Mama commented. I didn't say anything. I don't want to explain further as they might become even more suspicious. 

"No! That's not true, didn't he say he's just busy that's why he look like this now." He looks so annoyed at how his family are prying on him. Huh, I don’t know anymore! 

"Just make sure that you're not neglecting your husband, Yibo.  Because if I know you’re  doing the opposite,  I’ll  make sure that you’re  going to regret what you’ve  done.” Mama stated firmly.  

If you only knew, Ma. But I will endure everything because I love him. I know Yibo will change soon. 

We all went inside the house and decided to eat, which is good because I'm really hungry and my pet inside my stomach is already whining. Heheheeh! 

We all sat in front of the dining table and started to eat when Aunty Beth suddenly asked me, "So Zhan, when do you plan to go back to singing ?! Lots of your fans are still waiting for you." she said.

"I’m still not sure, Aunty Beth.” I shyly answered. I’d rather stay beside him than to go back on stage and lose my chance to be with him. 

"If I were to decide, it’s much better if you go back to the entertainment  industry.  I know you want to sing again.”  Grandpa Wang commented. 

Grandpa Wang is one of my biggest fans.

 "Grandpa, I'm already busy with Papa's company. He needs my help, especially since papa is not getting any younger anymore. " I  answered sadly to Grandpa.

Even if I wanted to go back, there was no time anymore. Mama looked at me with a smile on her face. 

"Pa! Let Zhan Zhan decide about that, I think Zhan is not ready to go back to showbiz." Mama intervened. And I silently thanked Mama for that because right now, I just don’t want to argue with Grandpa about that matter.