Ch 60

I dropped my head down, "I'm sorry. Anything but that. I can get you to safety, but you can't join my crew," I said awkwardly. "My Captain is a bit picky, you see..."

"Oh...you're not the captain, huh?" Tank said in disappointment. "Then I guess...we'll just follow you out of here. I don't want to be captured again."

"Okay, but listen closely."

....

I ran back out of the forest, sensing Nami and Sanji near the building. I called out as I saw them, "Nami!"

"Hana! We've decided to buy Caimie back. It seems we can only play by their rules. We're about to sign up."

"I can't put my name down, I already participated in the auction."

I felt flares of surprise, "you bought someone?" Franky asked, anger coloring his tone.

I smiled at the passionate cyborg, "no need to worry, they're already free." Well, in my realm. But still more free than they were. I'll explain to the crew later.

They smiled at me, and I blushed as I felt their admiration. We walked in and we parted ways as I went back to my seat. I had told Nami to keep bidding, no matter how high the price goes. I was certain I could outbid even the world nobles.

"Now that everyone is excited, we'll bring our entry number 15!" The announcer said into his mic. "At just 20 years old, she is possibly the most beautiful slave-girl! Just look at these proportions!" My vision tainted red as the audience responded the way he wanted. This is disgusting.

I was about to start regretting my bid, but I stopped myself. Those men were so happy, I couldn't do that to them. The bids started, and they were already higher than the bid I made for the 10 men.

The bids started slowing down, the woman was openly crying now. I leaned forward in my seat, "Going once? Going twice?! Going to number 123!"

I dropped the plate and sat back. Captain Law blinked in confusion when the plate landed in his lap. Then he realized his number was called. "Hah?!?!"

I leaned forward, "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!" I gave him the money to claim her. "Please get her for me? And keep the change! I put a generous amount in there for you!"

He glared darkly at me, probably remembering the warning we received about unclaimed 'merchandise'. He gave one of his men the money and the plate. "Maybe I'll keep her for myself," he said with narrowed eyes.

I pursed my lips, I didn't think about that. I know nothing about this pirate, yet I did something reckless like that. Stupid Hana! I just couldn't sit back and do nothing! Not when I could feel exactly how every man in the audience felt.

I narrowed my eyes. I'll get her away from here. I'll just have to do it stealthily. The crew member came back, holding onto the girls chains. She trembled in fear. She was made to sit down, and I decided to get her after this auction was over.

Caimie was finally brought out and unveiled, causing an uproar in the audience. Her eyes immediately found Hachi and Nami's group, but we couldn't hear anything through her glass bowl.

"500 million!" A tenryuubito, a world noble, shouted. "I'll pay 500 million for that mermaid!"

The audience gasped in shock, knowing they couldn't match that.