Ch 53

They looked out the windows of the carriage to see that we were indeed, abandoned. And in a graveyard no less!

"But guys..." I started. "We're not alone," I said referring to the dozens of muddied presences under the surface. Just as I said that, we watched as hands broke through the surface of the soil.

"Z-z-z-ZOMBIES!!!!"

Is that why their souls are so muddied? Cuz they're dead? That shouldn't be the case, as soon as a human dies, I can't feel them anymore.

"They're knocking over the carriage!" They reached into the cart and began dragging us out. "These guys are incredibly strong!" Usopp cried as one grabbed his arm with enough strength to bruise him.

"Get out of the carriage! I can't fight in here!" I encouraged them.

We scrambled out. They tried to hide behind me but there were just too many!

"Zombies weakness, is fire!!!" Usopp said as he shot a fire star into the hoard. They all screamed and backed away.

I immediately called forth my terrified dragons. "Use your fire! It'll keep them away!" I pulled Usopp and Nami's sleeves, "let's go!"

We ran in the direction of the mansion we were being led to. When we looked back, no zombies could be seen, and my dragons were flying back. They went back home as soon as they reached me.

Chopper gazed up at the mansion in excitement. "I finally get to meet him! I can't wait!"

"Excuse me!!!" I called out. "Please let us in! We're just pir-" Usopp put his hand over my mouth.

"Sailors! We're sailors on a journey!"

We peered into the little alley that split the mansion, and noticed an oddly placed well on the distance. A woman suddenly appeared in the well, "welcome," she said, startling the group. Then she started throwing plates at Usopp, making me snicker.

"Why only me?!?!" He cried.

"You are not allowed to enter," she told him. "You three may come in." She returned to throwing her plates to chase him off.

"Wait! If it's just one more, we can make an exception, Cindry-chan!" A new voice appeared. We waited for him to come into view. "Sorry she surprised you, she's my plate hating servant, Cindry-chan." A large round man came into the light. "I'm the world famous Doctor Hogback!"

I could hear Choppers happiness at meeting his suspicious looking hero. "Doctor Hogback?! The real deal?!"

"Welcome! Come into my mansion!" He said.

Personally, I'd rather chance it with the zombies again. But, I followed my friends in. As we walked in, I realized I also got my wish. I could feel those muddied half dead souls everywhere in here. I shivered, but the sense of relief the others got from the shelter kept my mouth shut.

He sat us down at a dining table, and Nami was currently trying to get more information on this island. I clenched my fists as I felt the lies dripping out of his mouth.

After Cindry gave us pudding with no plates, she let us know that a bath was prepared for us, since we're dirty. I couldn't help but feel like they were pushing us to do it. I told the others after we were escorted through the mansion.

"We really should leave," I told them.

"But I have so many things I want to ask Doctor Hogback!" Chopper argued.

"I know how you feel," Nami told him, "but if I'm right, this place is full of Zombies."

"Eh?!"

"The most suspicious one is that man, he's lying about many things," I informed them.