His smirk only widened, he was obviously enjoying my fuming state. I scoffed, ready to tell him off but then a thought came to my mind and I instantly smirked back.

"How about this? If I beat you in a fight, you will leave Katerina alone. There will be no hunting, attacking, hurting, or killing. How does that sound?"

He chuckled and leaned on the wall. "Well, as great as that sounds, I think I'll pass. I wouldn't want to hurt you, love."

I shrugged and smirked at his reply, "It's alright, I get it. We both know you would lose tragically."

Sure, he's the original hybrid, but I'm a siphoner-werewolf hybrid, I'd say my odds were pretty good. He just continued chuckling and his amusement shone in his ocean eyes. 

"You're serious? Do you really want to fight for Katerina's freedom?"

"I do. And if you refuse, then I'll just leave with Kat. At least I'll get the chance to travel the world and whatnot." 

I shrugged carelessly, if I was being honest, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Mystic Falls was getting more boring by the second and I could really use a change of scenery. Plus, having Kat as a travel companion would be amazing.

Nik scowled, stepping closer to me, and I just watched him, waiting for his reply.

"You're not going anywhere." His voice was stern, but it also lifted and wavered. If I hadn't paid attention I wouldn't have even heard it. I wasn't about to give up on my plans just because they affected him.

"So, are you going to leave Katerina alone or should I start packing my bags?"

"I don't believe you've heard me before, but I'll happily say it again. You're not going anywhere, love, especially not with Katerina Petrova"

"Oh, I've heard you loud and clear, love, but that's not for you to decide, now is it?"

He started walking toward me, but I held my ground, not even flinching from his sudden speed. I just rose an eyebrow, waiting for his next move. He watched me furiously, but I patiently waited for his next move. He searched my eyes. For what? I really don't know.

Just as suddenly as he appeared in front of me, he grunted and looked away, rethinking his next actions.

"Why do you even care about her, Seraphina? She's more trouble than she's worth, trust me. "

I just shrugged, leaning on the wall. His hand twitched, and it seemed as if he wanted to reach out to me, but gave up halfway and put his hands behind his back instead. His posture was stiff, but his eyes were hazy. It was obvious that he had a lot on his mind. Oh, what I would give for just a glimpse of it.

"I just do. She shouldn't be punished for wanting to live. Plus, I made a blood contract to ensure that she sticks to her word. Remember those?"

I couldn't help but smirk victoriously, knowing that I was the one that made him sign one. Hearing my words, Nik scoffed and took a step back. He was no longer looking at me, instead, he found the wall behind me particularly interesting.

"You're crazy if you think that one blood contract will change anything. This is Katherine Pierce we're talking about, she will find a way around it."

I sighed and looked at his serious expression. I felt like a scolded child, and I hated it.

"Nik, I appreciate your worry, but I know what I'm doing. If she does cause trouble, then I'll handle her."

I doubt that anyone could handle the infamous Katherine Pierce, but at least it might soothe his worries.

"Be careful, Luna. She will hurt you, maybe even kill you, just to hurt me."