Well...he's pissy

Hiya guys! Yes, here's a new chapter for you to enjoy!

Vote if you like it and let me know what you think!

Follow me for updates on future chapters!

♥️ Happy reading! ♥️

Here we were. Sitting on a tree log and drinking beer, I was relaxed, leaning my elbows while I watched the dead bodies that littered the woods. Nik was, well he was pissy, which was a totally new mood for him. I just ignored it, doing my best not to roll my eyes. He wasn't pissy about the dead hybrids, well he was, but he was mainly mad at me for not telling him that it wouldn't work.

The truth was that I wanted to teach him a lesson. He was still hiding something from me, but that wasn't why I didn't tell him. He needed to learn how to play nice or at least not to repeat the actions of his disgusting parents. People deserved to have a choice in turning into a hybrid, or a vampire.
He was acting like a spoiled child, taking whatever he wanted no matter who suffered. Be it for my protectiveness over werewolves or just who I was as a person, but I had a problem with how he wanted to handle this situation.

He could achieve the same result if only he offered them a choice. In fact, giving them a say in the matter would make them respect him more. If he were to force them into this lifestyle it would certainly not end well. I want him to have hybrids by his side that will be loyal to him, hybrids that will respect him instead of fearing him. Whether he wants my help or not, I will make sure that happens. If I need to I will make him sign a goddamn blood contract just to ensure he sticks to his word and treats them like people instead of slaves.

While Nik was sulking, Stefan walked back to camp with Ray over his shoulders, well dead Ray.

Stefan dropped Ray on the ground, making it clear that he was long gone.

Nik started with his monologue, his heart was broken with how it all went "They went rabid. Some of them, I killed. The others just...Bled out. In the end...They're all dead." losing his composure, he started screaming, after throwing the bottle of beer that he was holding.

"I did everything I was told!" breathing in deeply he slowly regained his composure and continued talking "I should be able to turn them. I broke the curse. I killed a werewolf. I killed a vampire. I killed the doppelgänger." he looked at me sadly and all I wanted to do at that moment was give him a long hug until all his pain went away. I refrained myself, knowing he wouldn't want to seem weak in front of anyone. 

Stefan looked around, uncomfortable with Elena being mentioned after he just saw her alive and well. Nik looked him over "You look like hell."

Stefan looked at his darkened wound "Last I checked, I'm dying...and you don't want to heal me."

Nik looked down at Ray's body, another reminder that no hybrids survived.

Stefan feigned remorse "I had to take him out. I didn't have a choice. I failed you. I'm sorry. Do what you have to do."

Nik ignored his words and muttered to himself "It should have worked.", after looking at me once again, a questioning look visible in his eyes. I smiled sadly "It will all work out in the end. Trust me." Searching for any sign of a lie, he realized that I was telling the truth and nodded trying to convince himself of my words.