Prologue

The last thing that I could remember was the car crash, I couldn't breathe... Every breath made me feel as if I was being stabbed, needles of pain in my lungs, over and over again. It was certainly not something I would ever want to go through again. I highly doubt anyone would wish to go through something like that, but it's not like we can choose how we'll die. It's life.

It pained me, even more, to see my mom and dad standing on the side of my bed with tears in their eyes. I didn't want them to see me suffering. The pain that I was going through couldn't be compared to the emotional pain that my parents were feeling. They were watching their only child die and if that wasn't enough to break their heart, then the fact that their child was going through tremendous pain while dying must have been pure agony. 

Their little angel was supposed to live a long and healthy life, supposed to achieve so much, supposed to live a happy life but that wasn't going to happen. It reminded me of a saying "We make plans, while life laughs at us." and that is why I felt myself giving in. Some would say that I was giving up, but I would definitely disagree. No matter how you live your life, when it's your time to die, death will come for you, there is no escaping it.

...And then it was over, as if it never happened, just a little pang in my chest as a reminder of what I went through. I sighed standing next to my dead body, watching my parents weeping and the heart machine beeping like crazy. I couldn't look at them, I felt like I betrayed them, abandoned them, their little daughter was not there anymore, she died at the age of 23... I didn't even know how to feel about something like that. I was so young when I lost my life, I haven't really lived and experienced life, I had dreams just like everyone and yet all of them were left unfulfilled. I started walking out of the room when a gust of wind enveloped me and transported me somewhere else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wordcount: 377