Chapter 3: A Dismissive Ranking

After cornering the little cat creature, Grim, he is about to unleash his fire power.

Just then, Briar shouts, "Oh no you don't!"

She then quickly removes the boot she is wearing and throws it at Grim, giving him a hard bonk on the head.

Making him scream, "Me-YEOW!"

Soon, Grim begins to feel dizzy, "Why is the room spinning?"

The boy with the red eyes chuckles with a grin on his face at what Briar has done.

"Well, that stopped him," Briar replies.

Just then, Riddle in front of her, "Allow me to handle the rest."

He turns to Grim and shouts, "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!"

Hearing those words makes Briar worried as Riddle fires his magic at Grim. But instead of taking his head off, a red and black heart shaped collar with a gold rim around it appears on Grim's neck, and has a lock at the front.

Grim panics to notice the collar, "MYAH! What are you doing?!"

"The Queen of Heart's Rule 23: 'One must never bring a cat to a formal affair.' Your very presence here is a violation of order. You will vacate these premises immediately," Riddle says.

But Grim angrily says, "But I ain't a cat!"

Briar calmly mutters, "He sure looks like one."

Grim continues, "Don't you try'n collar me I'll burn it right off!"

With that, Grim tries to use his powers to take the collar off, but he can't seem to perform his magic.

Making Grim confused, "Huh...? Wh-what gives? My fire ain't workin'!"

"Until I decide to remove that collar, you won't be using any magic. You're naught but a pet cat now," Riddle says with a smug look on his face.

Offended Grim says, "MeoWHAT?! I ain't nobody's pet-NOTHING!"

"Oh, you're nothing to worry about there. I certainly have no interest in having you as a pet. The collar will disappear once you're removed from campus," Riddle says.

Then Azul laughs a bit, "Ha-Ha! Good show as always, Riddle. Your signature spell locks down any magic. It's quite handy. I've just GOT to have it-ah, I mean, I've just got to have respect for it."

Briar turns to Azul looking rather confused to what he means.

But her thoughts are interrupted when she hears Crowley shouting, "Briar! Was I not clear that you are expected to take responsibility for your familiar? Now discipline your..."

But Briar interrupts him, "Woah, hold on! He's not my familiar!"

"What's that?! It isn't yours?" Crowley questions, confused.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you. I've never seen that cat before in my life until he tried to torch me from that coffin I was in. He must have snuck in before the orientation. He wanted me to give him the robe I was wearing and try to pass off as a student. At least, that's what I got from what he said and doing," Briar explains.

"Oh... is that so?" Crowley questions.

Briar calmly nods her head in reply.

Crowley clears his throat and says, "Then I shall have it expelled from campus. I shall even spare it from being served as dinner. My, but I AM kind."

Then says, "... Someone take this away, please."

Just then, two students pick Grim up and take him away.