Chapter 12: Punishment Ducking

Meanwhile, in a building, there are seven different mirror-like areas, each of them has a mirror of their own design. They each have green lighted candles, with dark purple frame on the entryway. And each of them have a different crest emblem on the top of the entryway. Everything seems quiet in the hallway, until Ace, who is supposed to be serving his punishment, arrives on the scene

Ace sighs, "Yeah right, like I'm gonna wash a hundred windows. I'm just gonna go back and -"

Suddenly, Grim bursts through the hallway doors and shouts, "AHA! GOTCHA, PUNK!"

Briar, Sereia, and Trinket are able to catch up to him.

Ace turns around and flinches, "Oh no! They saw me!"

Grim rushes to Ace upon seeing him, "Stop right there, pal! No fair gettin' a head start! Wait!"

"Who in their right mind would ever wait!" Ace says, and runs off, "Seeya!"

Seeing him running off, Grim angrily says, "No way are you gettin' out of this! You think I WANNA wash windows?!"

With that, Grim begins to chase Ace down the hall, Briar and the others begin to chase after him.

Briar calls out, "Grim, wait!"

"Wait for us!" Sereia calls out.

Trinket rings in reply.

The girls continue to face Grim who is in hot pursuit of Ace.

Up ahead, another boy is walking to the Hall of Mirrors himself. This boy is a student, judging by the uniform, and is weaning the same band around his arm as Ace and has the same red gem pen. The boy also has dark blue hair and teal eyes, his hair brushed mostly to the side while a portion hangs down on his left side.

He soon notices the commotion, "...Hm?"

He soon sees Ace running towards him.

Ace screams, "Outta my way!" and runs right past the young boy.

That catches the boy by surprise, "Hey! What gives?!"

Then Grim runs past him and continues to chase Ace. Briar, Sereia, and Trinket come to a stop and see the boy.

Briar says, "Sorry about this, and we apologize for the little uh, scene we're making. Can you please help us catch him? The boy with the spikey hair."

"You want me to cast a spell to stop him?" The boy asks, shocked.

"If you can, yes. We really need him to come with us to the cafeteria," Briar says.

"He's shrinking his cleaning responsibilities," Sereia adds.

Hearing that makes the boy say in shock, "What? That's not right! But how to stop him? Like freezing his legs? Or bind them with a rope. Or maybe I could... Hmm... No..."

Just then, Grim shouts, "I don't care how! Just do something! Anything!"

"Anything?! Anything huh..." The boy says, confused.

Then the boy became determined, "All right!"

He brings out his pen and says, "Here goes anything!" He waves it and shouts, "I summon thee... something heavy!"

Just then out of nowhere, a cauldron appears over Ace, and falls right on top of him, making a loud 'thud' upon impact.

Ace screams, "Bwaaah?! What?! A pot?!"

Grim begins laughing, "Ah ha ha ha ha! Look, girls, look! That Ace guy got crushed beneath a giant cauldron! It squashed him flat! Aha ha ha!"

Then turns to Ace with a smirk on his face, "That's what you get!"