FORTY THREE

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒔𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒔𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

After Renfield took Pope's key, the Pogues had passed out shortly after. It seemed like they were just all tired of the bullshit.

But as soon as they all woke up, they began talking about the night's events. And then...Sarah had walked into John B's place, much to his surprise. "Well, hello," JJ greeted.

"What's up?" Kiara said groggily. She wasn't a morning person like her sister.

"Sarah!" Kyla exclaimed as she got up, immediately engulfing the girl in a hug since she hadn't seen her since her father's death. Kyla wanted to comfort her friend, but didn't know how.

"Hey," Sarah replied softly once Kyla had let go of her, forcing a small smile onto her face.

"Shouldn't you be on Figure Eight with your, uh, little group of polo players?" John B asked, making Sarah grin sarcastically at him. "Or did you break up with Topper?" John B added with an apprehensive smile.

"John B," Kyla said in disbelief, giving him a wide-eyed look.

"We're just friends," Sarah assured the boy, giving him a look.

"Oh, he's just a friend. You have a lot of friends, Sarah Cameron," John B commented and Kyla rolled her eyes, rubbing her face as she leaned against the house.

"Yeah, and it seems like you've got some of your own, too," Sarah bit back, having enough of his snark.

"All right, what are you doing here? What do you want?" John B asked, pushing up from his chair.

The blonde sighed. "I'm here for Pope," she said, causing all of them to furrow their brows. She then turned to the boy. "I think I found the Island Room," she told them, making them all immediately get up in shock.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

"Guys, listen to this," Pope said as they drove to Sarah's house, which was where she supposedly found the Island Room. "The diary says the cross holds the most holy relic in all of Christendom, the Garment of the Savior," he said, pointing to the photocopy of the diary.

"So wait, he's saying there's a holy garment inside the cross?" Kiara questioned, glancing at Kyla with wide-eyes.

"Yeah. It says the garment is capable of healing the sick from any malady," he told them.