THIRTY SIX

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Kyla and Kiara walked up to their house slowly, not wanting to entering it because they knew they would have to suffer the wrath of their parents. Nonetheless, Kiara opened the door and two sister's stepped inside. The younger Carrera girl glanced at her sister before she called out, "Mom."

"Dad," Kyla said after a moment as they stepped further into the house. They then saw their mother outside on the porch and made their way over to her.

"Oh, thank God," Anna breathed out, placing her hands on the table for a second before placing them on her hips. "Oh, my God. Where have you both been? We were up all night long. I was at a hospital."

"Well, the truck broke down, and then both of our phones died. And we didn't have a plug. I—" Kiara paused, not knowing what else to say.

"Yeah," Kyla added with a shrug, wanting to remind her mother that Kiara wasn't the only one to blame.

Anna then started to laugh, making the two sisters glance at each other in confusion. "Well, of course. That makes complete sense. The plug? Of course. The plug," she said with a breathless laugh before she sat down on the couch.

Kyla swallowed hard, looking back over at sister again since she didn't know what to say. Kiara took in a deep breath before she said, "John B's back."

Anna looked over at her daughters. "Yeah, I heard that. I heard that on the news. I heard he's arrested for murder."

"Yeah, but he didn't... he didn't do it, okay? We promise. Somebody's framing him," Kiara told her, looking back at Kyla for help.

Kyla sighed. She knew that Anna would be more likely to say yes to her over her sister, but at this point, she didn't know if Anna would even consider what she was about to say. "And he's gonna need money for a good lawyer," Kyla said, putting her lips in a tightly forced grin.

Anna scoffed. "I can't do this with you both."

"Mom, this is really important," Kiara told her and Kyla nodded.

"You guys didn't even call me," Anna said shakily, completely ignoring what the girl's were saying.

"John B's been arrested for murder. I mean, do you understand that? It's not all about you," Kiara said and Kyla nudged her, giving her a look. "What?" Kiara whispered as their mom sat up, walking over to the railing.