Chapter 17: Why was I so blind?

Start from the beginning

He got tired of his thoughts and decided to get to his dorm. When he was about to get to the entrance he saw Meiling there talking at the phone.

"Are you fucking kidding me?! Ah Si, you better be prepared for tomorrow because you will meet your maker!" Meiling yelled in the phone angry as she hung up. She sighed and when she turned around she spotted Lei. "Lei? What are you doing here? Were you searching for Shancai too?" Meiling asked curious but Lei shook his head.

"I was walking around. I needed some fresh air. I met her on the beach tho." Lei informed and Meiling nodded. "You were looking for Shancai?" Lei asked curious.

"Not me. Si was. I was sleeping peacefully when he banged on my door and yelled: MEI! WAKE UP! SHANCAI MIGHT BE DEAD!" Meiling groaned and Lei laughed at her. "Stop laughing." Meiling said.

"Sorry. Are you alright?" Lei asked stepping closer.

"Well I was suddenly woken up. I am not able to sleep 8 hours. And in the morning I will be a bitch. So yeah, life it's good." Meiling said smiling and Lei sighed and nodded. Meiling looked better at him and saw his eyes were a little red.

"Lei?" Meiling asked as she got closer to him and put her hand on his cheek rubing it. "Have you been crying?" Meiling asked in concern and Lei's eyes widened as he pulled away.

"No! I uhm...uh...got some sand in my eyes." Lei lied and Meiling frowned a little as she pressed her lips in a thin line. Her hand was still hanging in the air but when she was about to let it hang besides her body Lei caught it and brought it to his cheek holding it there. He showed Meiling a warm smile. "I am fine Ming." Lei said calmly.

"You sure?" Meiling asked not believing him.

"Yes. Don't worry about me." Lei said and then Meiling hugged him surprising him.

"We took care of each other for so long. You can't just tell me not to worry about you." Meiling said in his chest her voice coming out a little muffled, but Lei understood what she said. He chuckled and started to caress her hair. Meiling looked up at him with curious eyes.

"I promise you, Ming. I am fine. Now let's get to bed, otherwise you are going to transform in Mingzilla and I will be the one appointed by the boys to handle you." Lei joked and Meiling rolled her eyes and pulled from the hug, turned around so her back was facing Lei while having her arms folded.

"They deserve it. In fact Ah Si woke me up so he deserves to suffer." Meiling said sternly. Lei chuckled and then he wrapped his arms around her waist as he rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Maybe, but we still need to go. We come on this trip to feel good and I don't want you to feel tired. Because when you feel tired you get sick, and I hate it when you get sick." Lei said as his hold got tighter, Meiling blushing at his words and gestures.

"Fine fine. I am going to sleep." Meiling said unwrapping his arms and starting to walk in the hotel. Lei chuckled and rolled his eyes as he started to follow her until they got at her dorm.

"Well, this is your room. Goodnight Ming." Lei said waving. He was ready to go but got stopped as he felt someone grabbing his hand. When he turned around he saw Meiling with a concerned look in her eyes.

"I know there is something you are not telling me. I don't know why, but you can't stay like this LeiLei. You have to talk to someone...Talk to me..." Meiling said with pleading eyes. Lei was about to give in after he heard her using the nickname she gave him when they were little kids, but what he was about to tell her were not the news he has to tell. It was Jing, and he was sure Meiling was about to know from the older girl soon.

"When the time is right, I promise I will talk with you about it. But now you need rest." Lei said giving her a warm smile as he hold her hand.

"But-" Meiling wanted to protest but Lei cut her off.