Part 11: Into Hiding

A few hours later in the city, which is now under lockdown...

The news is reporting the situation. Eventually, they get a knock.

News Reporter: And- Oh? Come in?

Midnight: *enters* Excuse me, forgive my trespassing, I'd like to report my view on this...

News Reporter: Well, alright then!

Midnight: Thank you. *sits down* Hello everyone. My name is Midnight, a veteran vampire hunter. I'm sorry about the chaos that occurred earlier. I'd just like to let you know, that me and my team are on it. Mark my words, Cassie will be dealt with within 48 hours. She is indeed a dangerous creature, like any other vampire. She has even corrupted others into trusting her and keeping her secret. Don't even speak to her. Don't panic, just stay in your homes, arm yourself if need be. If you've got garlic, great. Sharp objects? The heart. Firearm? Blast her head. In fact, if a civilian manages to kill her... I'll pay you a great deal, and I mean it. That's all I'm here to say. Thank you for your time. *gets up and leaves*

Midnight walks out of the news building, and down town. He knows where Cassie is headed, but doesn't want to go alone, as he knows strength in numbers. But before he can contact someone, his shoulder gets tapped.

Midnight: *turns around*

Heather: *leaning against a wall* Vampires, huh? Tough, isn't it...

Midnight: No, I don't want your filthy drugs. 

Heather: Oh chill out, I'm not selling drugs tonight. But you said you'd give Cassie's killer money, right?

Midnight: That is, if they get to her before I do. That bounty was mainly to turn the villagers on her to get her out, as people do value money. Trust me, I don't want vampires to destroy another good village. If they don't get to her, then me and a team of experts will.

Heather: Or... You can hire me and Derek. You saw the girl with her was a lamia? Derek hunts them. 

Derek: *walks out an alleyway, with a huge sack* It's true. I'm the lamia hunter. Your a vampire hunter. We both have a common enemy here. You get where I'm going?

Midnight: All the help I can get. If Zephixa isn't going to accept Cassie is evil, she may need to go to... Thankfully, I stopped her from reaching her fame quickly. *regretfully sighs* I got her publisher into a car accident so he wouldn't publish her work, as I know she would've credited Cassie for helping her. It was sad, but I had to. I don't want the public to feel sad at losing someone that was famous, so I decided it would be best to stop her from being famous, and break less hearts.

Derek: Real soft way of thinking about it, but whatever. You kill the vampire, I kill the lamia, Heather can tag along for backup, and your vampire hunting gang... They won't be needed! I'm stronger then all of them combined! It's just one vampire anyways.

Midnight: Fine. What's your plan?

Derek: Head over and shoot them in their house! And if their not there... We'll, I've got a backup plan that's SURE to make an impact...

The 3 get into a car and drive over. Meanwhile, in Joshua's basement...

Zephixa just had a massive anxiety attack, and only just stopped. Miyuki is crying. Cassie has a sad and blank expression, and has a feeling of defeat. Joshua is still trying to think on what to do, with a sad look to. Eventually, he comes up with an idea.

Joshua: *sighs* You outta find that witch... She may be your only hope.

Cassie: Reset my life again?

Joshua: I hope it doesn't come to that... I'm sure she has other ideas... But I think it may be wise to get to the forest. Zephixa... maybe you can find those lamias that survived.