Part 10: Secret's Out

Cassie: Cool view, isn't it?

Zephixa: Y-Yeah... Sorry if I seem nervous, this is just a big height for me.

Cassie: You'll get used to it, perfectly safe. I come up all the time, it's dead quiet!

Zephixa: *nods* Hey, just want to say... Going to Japan was the best decision I've ever made... Before going, I was always so... scared and anxious. I've always felt a scared feeling when trying to stand up against someone... When I yelled at Nicole in the cafeteria in high school, my heart was racing, and I didn't mean to look scary, as in the end, everyone kept away from me... Which is why I didn't feel like doing it much, I didn't wanna scare people away from me, and I had thoughts of being attacked by the police if I ever acted up... I don't like being yelled at, I really don't like confrontation... But, I realised that if people would keep using me as their punching bag, then I wouldn't feel any better. Then I went to Japan, and people were much nicer to me there! I found Miyuki, a fellow loner, and then I saw you in the toilets. You went from someone I was scared of, to someone I felt safe around, and someone who cared about me. I feel like I can tell you anything now.

Cassie: *blushes* I mean, you can... *stretches her arms* But I'm not as cool as you think.

Zephixa: When Charlotte asked me to perform, I felt anxious as hell, but... I wanted to do it. I wanted to take the step up, risk having a panic attack on stage, to help my confidence. You guys really didn't have to tag on, but you did. Even though being dragged on in front of everyone was scary, it felt necessary. I don't think I would've been able to stand up to those jerks yesterday if not for Japan boosting my confidence. I really thank you, Miyuki and Charlotte for everything... 

Cassie: Your welcome... *sighs* I regret shouting at Charlotte, that was wrong of me to do. Now she probably feels really bad...

Zephixa: I understand why you were mad... But nobody can control how they feel. And I've got some good news... *her tail wags a bit* I found a site to sell my manga online! And I'll publish it soon

Cassie: You did? That's awesome, I'm so happy for you! Your gonna be great!

Zephixa: Yeah, I'm going to keep my identity secret... Just for an experiment.

Cassie: Good call... I hide myself to this day. I used to hate myself for being a vampire. I always wished I wasn't... But hanging with you guys really helped me accept myself for who I was. Oppressing myself feels horrible, but I've come to accept I'm a vampire! And know what? If not for the consequences, I'd go in public and show my true self. Your great friends, and I uhh... wish I befriended you earlier. Still sorry...

Zephixa: *directly faces cassie* It's okay, please. I forgive you. Please, let's not discuss our school days... They were, well, awkward. 

Cassie: *looks back at zephixa* Yeah...

The two stare into each others eyes for a while, facing each over directly, slowly blushing. Zephixa gets a little anxious and looks down a few times, but then goes back to looking at her crush.

Zephixa: Can we just... stay up here for a bit? It's so relaxing being up here, just us...

Cassie: Yeah...

The two lay down for a while, still looking at each other, yet both being scared to make a move. Until...

Cassie: *her eyes suddenly get wider*

A pair of footsteps can be heard coming upstairs.

Cassie: *whispers* I hear people coming...

Zephixa: *whispers* S-Security?