33. Pretty lies and Red Magic

November 22nd, Saturday, day 6/30

Sakusa POV--

I slid the white blankets off my legs and walked to the room door, locking it.

I needed to walk around but didn't want anyone barging in. That would be more embarrassing than being written about in Itachiban!!.

I sighed thinking about that newspaper article. Why do gossip groups exist?

Wanting to distract myself, I went into the bathroom searching for cleaning supplies. Luckily, there were many found behind the towels under the sink. I grabbed a roll of white paper towels, a rag, some bleach, some Fabuloso, and a bottle of Windex. And a mask, of course.

"There is no way that bug will be back," I muttered to the air. Before I begin, I needed more ventilation so I made my way to the terrace doors. I slid it open a creak and that's when I heard a particular shriek of a laugh.

Y/n...

I open the doors wider to peek my head through and see her being dragged by Atsumu's hand.

Egh.

They were headed through thickets, which was kind of startling, but she sounded like she was having fun so I let them be.
They were laughing together. Atsumu was up was holding her hand.

I'm not jealous.

I glanced at their distancing figures one more time before returning to my task. I ripped a paper towel from the roll and began spritzing the walls with Windex, which does indeed work well. Harshly, I rubbed the walls and the tabletops and the bed frames.
There was no way they were going to do anything....important. Y/n, I doubt she'd like him to that point, and Atsumu is....well, he'd definitely flirt.

That doesn't concern me whatsoever since their business is not mine.

But even when I started refolding the bedsheets, I couldn't stop wondering where they had gone. I mean, they didn't need to go that far into the woods unless they didn't want anyone seeing what they were doing. What could they need so much privacy for?

Stop, I'm not jealous.

There was no reason to be. I just know Atsumu. He's the type of guy who can make anyone fall for him, then he'll drop them.

...but at the same time, Y/n's the type of girl who can keep anyone coming back, even a piss stain like Atsumu.

I clenched my jaw. I do not understand why I feel so...negative. Just--bad about all this. It's very annoying, and I wish it to stop.

But I know it won't.

So I can only ignore these emotions and continue cleaning.

---Y/n POV---

Atsumu and I were deep in the forest- I couldn't even see his house anymore- when he finally released my hand. The whole trip here felt like an adventure with all the random tree logs we had to jump over and the constant sound of forest life crunching under our shoes.

The closest thing we have to this in the city is raised median islands.

His eyes bounced between two different birch trees for a moment before crouching in front of the closer one on the right. In front of him sitting at the base of the tree was a small, lumpy pile of brown brush and green leaves. He looked up to me, slowly placed an index to his lips, and quietly motioned for me to come closer.

When I crouched next to him, he gently picked some large leaves covering the top and revealed the fluffy head of a Tanuki. I smiled greatly at the cute animal, and, immediately, it crawled from the makeshift cave and began interacting with me.