19. Kiyoomi, honey.

November 18th, Tuesday, day 2/30

"Kiyoomi, honey, your cheeks are so red!" Mrs. Sakusa wailed the moment we entered the house. She ran down the staircase and immediately gasped when she saw me wrapped up in his attire.

With a cold glare, she snatched the scarf off my neck, causing a rough burn on my skin. 

I hissed in pain. "That hurt!"

"Then maybe you shouldn't steal my son's clothes."

 Kiyoomi beat me to the response. "I gave them to her."

 "Why would you do that?" She suddenly giggled. "Y/n brought her own suitcase of things, didn't she?"

"Strange enough, it vanished before the first day. Know what may have happened?" 

Clearly, Kiyoomi and his mother were sharing an unspoken conversation with their threatening gazes toward each other.

"Not a clue, honey."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Lundi and Saeko spying on us from the kitchen. I could also see the bottom of Sakusa's jaw clench. He grabbed the scarf from his mother and walked past her.

"Come on." He beckoned me.

 I gave kind eyes to my two friends inconspicuously before following Sakusa up the stairs.

"Kiyoomi!" his mother called sweetly. " Don't forget about the reception this Saturday! Mallory is dying to meet you!"

Hearing that, he angrily sped up his steps, making it harder for me to follow. I guess he'd been so caught up in everything because he slammed the door behind him when he entered, almost hitting me in the face.

 I was surprised since I thought he was inviting me in, but didn't take it personally. I had learned from the Art incident easily enough not to take his rude actions personally. After all, there's no reason that he should feel obligated to be nice, we've only known each other for two and half days.

Right.

I decided to let him cool off for the rest of the night without pestering him about tasks. He'd already completed quite a big one today, and tomorrow, we'll have our hands full as we search for the kid on the videotape.

He has to be the one running ItachiBan!!.

---

Another thing I'll never understand about rich people: Why do they eat in their bedrooms when they've got like three dining rooms? Lundi and Saeko have been bringing me breakfast and dinner in my room every day so far. The only thing I've been able to actually do for myself is prepare my lunch, which I do in the middle of the night when everyone's asleep.

It's absolutely terrifying, by the way.

I finished my shower and changed into the clothes Sakusa had given me, whispering him a goodnight that only I could hear.

19.