4. Petty

" Don't talk to my-"

" Don't talk to me like that. You know even less than me and yet here you are, spasming out because you can't calm down and listen to the real professional. you don't even realize how important this step is in mental health." You got closer and she did as well. Your mother just facepalmed.

Ah yes, you were definitely her child. Defiant and strong. There was no getting you out of this war. She took a peek at her real patient and saw his brows upturned, which was a facial signal that he was intrigued, his view bestowed on your figure.

' ohhhh I can't wait for those grandkids!!!' She thought to herself, rather careless of the situation.

"And you think you do?!" Her thin hands pulled out her cellphone and she began typing things on it. "Guess who I've got on speed dial? Hanamatsu Teju, the CEO. One call about this little incident and he'll have you out of a job for the damn rest of your lives."

All you could do was hold your tongue and bite your jaw down hard in anger.

"So guess how long you've got, girl? One month! Thirty days! If you can't get rid of whatever the fuck he's got without a professional's help, you lose. I'll send your boss the details. See you in uniform on Monday."

Before you could get even just a lick of sound out, Sakusa-san stormed out of the room with her fur scarf sashaying behind her wildly and her heels smacking the ground every second. There was an awkward silence before Sakusa-kun stood up to leave as well.

Your mother hastily stood up and bowed. "My apologies, Sakusa-kun. I hope, uh, this doesn't ruin any future relations."

He bowed as well. "No, it's...fine. She's always rude to people."

You weren't going to apologize but your mother's clench pulling your head down said otherwise. You sighed. "I apologize, my lord, and hope you to be so kind as to forgiv-"

"Be serious. "She warned darkly against your fake British accent and early century manner of speaking.

"I apologize, Sakusa-kun. I was probably- *bonk*- I was out of line to speak to your mother that way. I hope to make it up to you and plan to work hard on Monday."

You tried to sound grateful and whatnot, but it was hard and ended up sounding mostly sarcastic.

"It doesn't matter to me."

And with that, you rose your head only to see his back exiting the room and then the building.

Your mother did not hesitate fwap the back of your head with her palm.  It hurt but you certainly deserved it; you just put the entire family business's future on your shoulders over a single, almost petty, argument.

"Sorry, mom. "You really did mean it."

She raised her eyebrows at you as if the apology wasn't enough.

"If it makes you feel better, this'll be training, too....just, over the span of thirty days."

Suddenly, her phone made a dinging noise and she checked her notifications only to show you the most recent one.

Got your number from the website. We live at XXXX Dive, so we'll send a chauffeur to pick her up Sunday Night and her room is already prepared. Be ready by Monday with a suitcase or I'm calling You know Who.

Ciao! Sakusa-san.

Your eyes widened. "She wants me to live there?"

The fact that you hadn't thought this far into the process seemed to make her teeth grind a bit.

"Of course, honey. How else?" She sighed and ran a hand through her long black hair, " I just don't know if I'm comfortable with it at all"

"Well, It's not like we have a choice, do we?"

"I don't know, maybe we can file a lawsuit or something for Job threatening?"

"I...don't think we can do that, mom. But what's the worse that could happen, really?"

She plopped herself in her black swivel chair and cocked her head stunned."Listen, Y/n, you know I don't usually support this state of mind but did you see him? He was like three times both our sizes so if he wanted to he could-you know."

She was right. Sakusa-kun was largely built and didn't seem to struggle with the muscle at all. In fact, Y/n would estimate he'll grow a little bit more by college. In theory, with her lack thereof, it would be quite hard for her to escape if said things were to happen.

But it felt unlikely in her head.

"And you think that's going to happen? He's a germaphobe, so I really doubt it. Plus, I watched a movie where that was happening with the same kind of people and all she did was pee on him and he stopped."

Your mother chuckled at the grotesque comparison and laid her face in her hands, which were propped on the desk in front of her.

She talked through her palms. "What about school? You'll be there for thirty days."

"We go to the same high school, it said it in his file. Though I think it's weird I've never seen him around."

"Do you want to do this?"

"Yeah, I mean it seems kind of cool and I would love to rub it in Sakusa-san's perfectly shaped face that she was wrong."

She sighed loudly, accepting your determination and positivity. "Just...don't forget to be the bigger woman, Y/n."

You smiled. "I know. "

upon leaving, you couldn't help but curse at yourself.  Oh my god I need to learn to keep my big ass mouth shut.

4.