2. Saying something you're not supposed to.

After retrieving your notebook from inside the front desk drawer, you entered mom's office and took a seat on the right end of her desk. 

My favorite part about being her shadow was when I could observe client meetings. You loved the way your mother handled them, even the crazy ones. It was like she knew just how to get into someone's head and deal with whatever needed to be dealt with. 

"Hey, look at this next case, Y/n." Your mother inclined her right in the chair and leaned her arm over, showing you the open case file.  The subject's picture on the very front was a young boy with strong, dark features.

You studied him and his file for a few more moments before speaking. "What about him? I don't see anything weird."

"No, I'm talking about his looks." She began lifting her eyebrows suggestively. "He's cute, right?"

Just by the sound of her voice, you knew exactly what was about to happen: a long, plead/lecture on how awesome it would be for you to have seventeen babies with someone. 

You rolled your eyes and scoffed a laugh, trying to push away the idea kindly. 

"The answer is no."

"What? Why not?! I thought guys like this were your type!"

"Even if you were correct, romantic relations with a patient are strictly forbidden."

"Well, " She grinned from ear to ear and paged Marshall to come in, "he's not your patient, Y/n, he's mine."

Marshall knocked twice before creaking the door open a smidge.

"Marshall, are the new patient papers still in the basement?" 

He returned her pretty smile. "Yes, but the clients are ready now, so I can get them instead if you'd like."

"Oh, no, "She stood up cheerily, " it won't take me long and Y/n can just keep them company until I get back! "

You had no time for rebuttal with your mother gone in a flash and the new clients entering abruptly. So, you sat there quite awkwardly as they sat in the slick black consultant chairs, taking in their immediate surroundings. 

In the right chair, almost directly in front of you, stiffly sat the boy in the file. He was much...larger..than you'd thought and looked even better in person despite his black mask covering the lower half of his face. You had to admit, in the picture he was very handsome but in real life...gorgeous.

His black t-shirt seemed to have trouble holding his strong upper body in and his sporty white shorts complimented his milky skin. He had bouncy, unruly curls that laid gently on his head and two, adorable black moles just above his left eyebrow.

Even though he was sitting down, you could tell he stood well over six feet and estimated you'd only reach his shoulder. 

Now his mother, on the other hand, was similar in height. She was quite tall for a Japanese woman, and, in every essence of the phrase, could easily rival victoria's secret models. 

In the report, she was aged at forty-three but couldn't have looked a single day over twenty-seven. When she talked or made a facial expression, she had fewer wrinkles than windowpane, and her hair was absolutely angelic. 

It was curly, like her son's, but reached below her perfectly shaped breasts, curving at the ends with joy. One leg was crossed over the other and you could see how well maintained she was. You got jealous thinking about how functional she must be compared to your erratic lifestyle.

Once the two were comfortably situated, the mother let out a sigh and locked her dark, opal eyes onto you, setting her phone in her lap.

She looked confused."Are you the consultant?"

You shifted in your seat, slightly embarrassed. "Uh, no."

"Then you must be the maid. What's she doing?"

To say the least, you were quite known for your quick snapbacks, but you knew you had to hold them down because they were clients. Her son, Sakusa, looked annoyed at his mother for speaking to you like that, but he knew acting out was futile. 

You took a calming breath. " She's getting the patient papers from the basement. And for the record, I am not the-"

"Isn't that your job? Why's she doing that?" She flicked her hand in the air before leaning back in her chair and tending to her phone. "Go get her or something please."

sakusa watched as you eerily creaked a smile, calmly stood up, and exited the room. 

"Son of a bitch."You muttered once you closed the door.

"Who's a bitch? Sakusa san?"

You hadn't realized your mother was right there with the paper stack in hand. thank goodness she was more or less lenient on cursing.

"Mom, I can't shadow this one. She's..The mother's just...I might open my mouth when I'm not supposed to and say something I'm not supposed to."

Your mom folded her mouth to one side. "First thing in the morning, huh?"

"yeah."

"Well, then this will be a learning experience." She wrapped an arm around your shoulder and led you back to the door. "Probably for the both of us."

2.