30. Saturday [Day 6]※※※※

November 22nd, Day 6/30

Knock Knock Knock!

Deciding not to dally this morning, I opened the door within the first set of knocks. This surprised Saeko and Lundi since it usually takes about three.

"You must be excited if you answered this quickly." Saeko smiled, heading to my bathroom to start running water. That was something else I'll never understand about rich people. Why get others to do the most trivial things?

'What's that for?" I pointed to the two large suitcases in Lundi's hands. They were matted black and had hundreds of compartments.

Lundi raised an eyebrow. "...Your things? We have to pack now or we won't have enough time. It's, like, two hours away."

Huh.

"What? What do you mean pack? Where are we going?"

Saeko entered the room, hearing my confusion, and looked at me just as oddly as Lundi was. They both stood before me with equal thoughts: 'He didn't tell her'

"Y/n, " Saeko tilted her head apologetically, " do you know how Receptions work?"

"Well, I thought I did...but apparently not. I thought they were just parties."

"That's just the first day. Receptions are for two days: the first one is, of course, the party. Here, tycoons can make friends, relax, and scout out possible sons to marry their daughters to in order to have biological connections to other powerful families."

Lundi crossed her arms. "And Master Sakusa-kun is going to be the number one target."

I shook my head. "I'm sorry, you said two days? This thing happens for two days? Ugh. And nobody's going to look at him because I'm playing as his girlfriend, remember?"

Saeko sighed. "You can put the lambs behind a fence but that doesn't mean the wolves won't try."

"Y/n, listen, these people aren't like you. They're inhumane. If they see someone they want is taken, they'll try and steal him anyway. And they will do anything they want to get it."

Ok, so what? Let them try. Let them try and steal Sakusa away from me and see what happens.

Because as of today, I am officially Sakusa's girlfriend. 

And not just some high school girlfriend.

I stood up and opened a suitcase harsh, beginning to pile clothes in. 

" Fine, " I said, " we'll just have to use an electric fence then."

The two were impressed at my determination. They went over to me and started refolding the clothes I had basically mushed in, pushing me toward the bath instead. 

Saeko laid out some white-washed boyfriend jeans, a black belt with a silver buckle, a soft black longlseeve, and a beige checkered bucket hat on my bed. She was always really good at picking outfits for me.

I left the bathroom door open so we could still converse. 

"What about day two? "

"That's one's easier, I suppose. After all the partying and making friends, it's time for the actual business."

"Huh? What's that mean?" I thought business was happening the entire time.

"Receptions are really important because they're opportunities for busy magnates to get in touch with other families that may be usually out of reach or too busy to make plans with. It's essential for any company since so many attend. Hundreds."