15. Task two

November 18th, Tuesday, day 2/30

"You're not going to try and come in again, are you?" Sakusa asked, seeing as I was once again following him.

"Only sort of. Since we're here at school, I figured we could knock out a second task."

We made it to his square cubby and he began emptying his things from his backpack.

"Which is?"

"Proximity." He waited for me to elaborate. "Basically, you have to be able to stand closer than twelve billion meters away from someone."

He took a moment to look at me incredulously, then closed his cubby and began the walk to the gym. "I don't see how that's going to help. Everyone has germs."

"Yeah, that's kinda the point, Sakusa-kun. No matter what, there's going to be germs wherever you go and on whoever you meet."

"But we're standing a foot away from each other already."

"Only because you know I'm clean. but if it were someone that you were unsure of, things would be different."

"And how do you plan on testing this?"

"It's a surprise." I checked my watch, noticing we've got a little bit more time than yesterday on our hands. turned around. "Come with me!"

It was oddly easy to get Sakusa to follow me back in the direction we came but I was glad. We quickly made it to the other side of the school and made a pit stop to my cubby on the way there before finding the art room.

"Aren't your classes near mine?" Sakusa wondered, looking around this rather unfamiliar portion of the building, readjusting his white mask around his ears.

"yup. All except one, art. The recreational classes are all put here so it's a long walk, I know."

I struggled to grab an art piece out of my cubby due to its awkward shape and orientation from within my cubby. Sakusa noticed this and remarkably, he grabbed the corner of the canvas and pulled it sideways, allowing it to perfectly fit through.

"Thank you, " I was kind of out of breath from the struggle.

He said nothing but nodded his head, and we continued our way to room AB4, the upper-level art class. The door was already open and there was the busy sound of classmates' buzzing conversation. 

Sakusa flinched when he was able to see the inside of the room with all those chatting kids moving around from table to table, spreading germs every time they opened their mouths to talk or laugh. I watched his face fall more and more each second longer he spent.

He turned around to leave within seconds of watching but I was right behind him. His chest impacted my face and I was not prepared for how rock-like it felt. I was also not prepared to fall down because of the hit.

I hit the ground with a thump and glared at him. "Ow."

"Sorry about that." He said quickly, still wanting desperately to get out of here. He was wearing gloves due to the cold outside and fortunately still had them on, so he was fine with lending out a hand.

I took it and he easily pulled me from the ground before attempting to escape again.

"Nope." I blocked his way.

"I'm not doing it."

"Yes, actually, you are."

"I will not."

"You will."

"Sakusa-kun, there's only five people."

There were only five but he felt like there were twenty.

He shook his head with resolve. I pursed my lips into a small pout and furrowed my eyebrows, clearly frustrated.

"Don't you want to know why it's a surprise?"

"I don't care."

Well, that hurt. A lot, actually. Much more than I thought it would So I moved out of the way quietly, trying to mask my sadness with hurt pride.

" Fine, I'll see you after school." I gave in.

I know it shouldn't have hurt my feelings this much considering he's....Sakusa...but, I could help but get discouraged. I should've listened to my own regulations- don't make relations with a patient.

I showed him my back and was about to leave when he groaned loudly. I was happy to see he was still standing in the same spot.

"Are you going to make me take off my mask?" He grumbled, earning a bright smile from me.

"Nope, all you have to do is look around." I stopped him before we entered. "Oh, but you do have to take those gloves off."

15.