31. I'm going to mess things up

Author note: I realize that he's been referring to y/n by her first name since like day one, so can we just pretend he's actually been calling her by her last name this whole time? Sorry about that...

November 22nd, Saturday, Day 6/30

The other person, who I can safely assume is his twin, held his hand out for me, which I took. He seemed to find my occurrence intriguing.

"It's nice to meet you. I don't believe we've met?" his voice was deep and smooth, like Sakusa's, and the twins had a bit of a countryside accent. Their vowels would string together into one syllable instead of two, or their words would draw out much longer.

I waved my free hand around nervously. "Oh, no, uh, my name's Y/n. L/n Y/n."

"Beautiful. " He smiled charmingly. A heartthrob. "I'm Miya Osamu. A pleasure to meet you, and we thank you for attending this year's Reception." Wow, that sounded so rehearsed.

He released my hand slowly, our skin still intact even at the fingertips, and I was slightly entranced within his strong gaze. He gave me one last creak of a smile before swapping places with his brother.

This one in front of me was...much more erratic, I felt.

"Hi. "he smirked. Immediately, I could tell this was someone I was going to be chaotic with. So much for not committing arson.

I held out my hand and he slithered his hand into mine. " Hi," I responded similarly. "I'm L/n Y/n."

"Sexy." He slurred darkly, " I'm Atsumu. So how do you know Omi?"

"Omi?" I repeated the unfamiliar but cute nickname, earning a quick head turn from Sakusa.

"Stop calling me that," he told Atsumu. I poked his arm.

"Why? It's cute, Omi."

His breath was caught in his throat. This was the first time I'd ever called him by his first name, and it was even a nickname.

"See?" Atsumu smirked. "L/n-san likes it."

Sakusa glared at the blonde and ushered us inside their house. I would say that's rude, but I get the feeling he doesn't care. 

A tall girl passed by on the way up the steps, offering us a glass of drink on a silver platter she was carrying gently. 

We declined politely and I looked at her uniform, wondering why in the hell Mrs. Sakusa is making her maids wear those frilly outfits when they could be wearing something like the Miya's maids, simple black slacks and a black dress shirt.

Don't even get me started on my original outfit.

The foyer was large, as expected, and the many windows allowed the bright daylight to illuminate the house. It was quiet inside, so I think we were the first to arrive, even before his parents.

"How do you know where to go?" I wondered out loud, my voice echoing against each wall.

"I have a room here."

"You do? Well...I guess that makes sense. They're family friends."

"Wait..." I let a small smirk creep, " does that mean we'll be sharing a room?"

"yes."

"Eh-! It does?" I was expecting him to say 'No, your room's over there.'.

he looked at me grimly, clearing despising the idea. "Yes."

Then that's task three easily completed!

Most likely, Mr. and Mrs. Sakusa will be sharing another room, thank goodness.

At the top of the stairs, there were literally only two doors. Honestly, I was confused.

I thought there'd be this humongous hallway with hundreds of doors for each guest. 

Sakusa stared at them for a few moments, solidly in thought, then went in front of the left one. he looked at me.

"What? You want me to open it?"

"Yes."

"Uh, can you ask me nicely? Or at all?"

He was annoyed, and so spoke very slowly and sarcastically. "Oh, great majesty, might you please be so kind to open this...this door by which my hands cannot be placed upon because they are simply not worthy."

I flatlined my lips at his slick referral to my sarcastic apology when we'd first met.

"I might. Perhaps if this jester carries me to our room." I smiled.

"Are y'all foreplaying or something? What y'all doing?" Atsumu was standing at the top of the stairs behind us, watching. And smiling. One hand was laying on the railing as the other sat in the pocket of his black sweatpants.

"Why is that anytime someone interrupts us, they always think we're doing something sexual?" I whispered to Sakusa.

"It's because of the weird stuff you say."

I glared at him playfully before waving to Atsumu and opening the left door. " No, we're just discussing history homework we have due."

he chuckled. "...By calling each other Majesty and Jester?"

"uh-"

"No, it's fine. " he walked up to the same door with a sly look and entered the hallway, grazing my wrist with his hand on his way in. "We've all got our quirks."

Sakusa and I couldn't move in embarrassment.

"I told you I'd mess things up," I commented.

---

Lucky, or maybe unlucky, there were two king-sized beds in this house-of-a-room. There was also a terrace, a fireplace with a mounted flatscreen, and a perfect view of the seaside and the pool. I gawked at everything while Sakusa looked uninterested. Of course, he's used to all this but I'm not.

Despite the chilling winter air, I slid the glass doors open and stepped onto the terrace, leaning on the railing. The frigid wind scraped my skin but I liked it. I let out a hot gust of air, smiling when my breath manifested as a white cloud.

" I suppose since I already know we'll get past task three, I should work on task four..." I muttered to myself. It's a good thing Sakusa didn't hear or else he'd call me crazy.

Speaking of which, I glanced inside the room through the open doors and saw him laying on his bed with a black book in hand. He had taken his shoes off and was laying on his side toward me. And, oh god, he also had on circle frame glasses.

I think it's illegal for someone to look that good in glasses.

Seeing him stretched out on the bed, I was surprised to see how long his body was. I knew he was tall and all, but it looked different when he wasn't standing. 

And I feel like, for the first time since we met, I really got to explore his face. The two moles above his left eyebrow, his thin lips, his black hair that rivaled tar, his milky skin color, the bones of his jaw and hands, and-

"What are you looking at?" He was looking up at me, his dark eyes just above the book.

Quick! Think of something fast! He can't know I was checking him out!

"Your butt."

31.