5. Sunday [ The day Before Day 1]

This felt so strange, walking out of my house only to begin a life in another. Their Chauffer was standing at what I could only assume was my door to the car, and there was this large smile on his wrinkly face. It was fake, I know.

The moment I walked up to him, I immediately felt out of place. He was wearing a tailored suit with shiny black loafers and here I was, in leggings and a sweater holding my tattered suitcase. And to be honest, I'm not even sure how it got so worn out because my family doesn't even vacation, like, ever.

He swung the shiny, onyx car door for me and used his hand to motion me to enter. I muttered a thank you and was awkwardly surprised when he grabbed my suitcase from me and placed it in the trunk.

The drive was silent and felt much longer than I knew it'd be. XXXX Drive wasn't necessarily on the other side of town, it was just in the wealthy area, which evidently is not where I live. I assumed it will be a twenty-minute drive, thirty if there's work traffic.

"So, " The driver brought me out of my thoughts, "Are you a friend of master Kiyoomi?"

"Ah-No, not really. I doubt he'd want to be my friend after the way I treated his mother." 

"What do you mean?"

Damn, I really have to work on my muttering skills.

"it's, uh, a long story."

"Short story then?"

His friendliness was refreshing, so I smiled a bit. "I talked back to her and insulted her company after she insulted ours, and now I've been assigned a thirty-day trial here."

"That sounds tough, miss, and quite brave. What do you have to do?"

"You'll never guess, man. "I looked out the window like there was a hidden camera filming me. "I have to cure her son's mysophobia."

----

I was astonished at the massive estate in front of me as we pulled into the courtyard driveway. it was enormous. I had no idea a place like this existed in Japan.

With all those windows I would've thought there'd be no room for privacy if not for the tall fur trees lining the property

With all those windows I would've thought there'd be no room for privacy if not for the tall fur trees lining the property. I couldn't help but gawk at everything my eyes could feast on.

The driver, whose name I learned to be Hashito during the conversation, went to my door and briskly opened it up after receiving a message in his earpiece. Which, by the way, makes everything even cooler. Like, he has an Ear Piece! He's a fucking spy! I hope I get one, too, now that I work here.

I was barely out of the car when Hashito began hastily urging me to a door on the side of the house.

"Isn't that the front door, though?" I asked, pointing the set of oak double doors.

"Yes, but Master Sakusa has ordered me to gift you to the maids through this door so you may change into uniform."

"Gift?"

Oh my god, that sounds awful. We went past a few bushes and through a door. It was very poorly hidden beside some shrubs and had a few hoses scattered around it. 

The door was loudly shut behind you and inside the room stood around ten young women, all around mid-twenties or early thirties with a few over forty. They were all wearing the same uniform, a long black and white maid dress that reached below their knees with a pretty white bonnet.

They were all staring at you.

"Hello."

"...Hi." You couldn't tell which one of them said that, they were all standing still in the exact same position. "I'm Y/n."

"And?"

"Mister, uh, Hashito said I was supposed to be sent here before I start working."

Randomly, a taller woman slowly arrived in front of me. her height easily shadowed mine and her stale facial features condemned my eyes to one place, her deep inset green eyes.

"We never received word of an upcoming maid." Her eyes narrowed.

"Oh, lady Finn, this must be the 'special case' Master Sakusa was referring to earlier." A British woman spoke with a small smirk.

I don't like the sound of that at all. And I also don't understand the title system here.

Lady Finn looked me up and down with a scowl. "I see. Lundi, Saeko, go help her change and bathe then bring her to me."

Two girls, closer in age and height, rushed to my sides and gently gripped my forearms, leading me to who knows where. By the looks of it, sakusa-san likes a wide variety of maids in her home, which explains why they were all speaking english. Lady Finn looked Nordic, there was the British one, Lundi was obviously french, and if you include me, who was born in America, that makes four already.

We passed through a deep hallway with many door equally lining the sides. I glanced down at the beige stone floors as I stumbled with their fast pace, imagining my whole face breaking in pieces if I were to trip and fall.

Finally, the three of us entered a large room with many bathtubs on one half and showerheads on the other, ten on each side.

"Master Sakusa has only ordered a single tub and showerhead per maid, so you'll have to share one," Lundi said in a short voice.

Saeko smiled kindly. "Don't worry, you can share mine."

I thanked her and they led me to Saeko's designated shower and then...stood there. Waiting.

"Take your clothes off," Lundi ordered.

'Wha-! Are you gonna turn around?" 

"Listen, and I know this is going to sound very weird and maybe illegal, but in the sakusa estate you have to get used to getting naked in front of others."

Immediately your jaw dropped and let out the loudest 'huh' ever. "...It isn't like that here, right?"

"Well, "Saeko scratched the back of her head, "not necessarily, but some girls try to get connections with people Master Sakusa brings over. But mostly, we just mean because of Master Sakusa-kun!"

That only made your jaw drop even further. "Him?!"

"Yeah, we routinely have to get checkups to ensure we're all in the best health as to minimize germ contraction and spread as much as possible."

Lundi chuckled. "And by checkup, we mean the full entre."

5.