𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Joseph

Joseph

Saturday, December 12, 2002

Night

Hours went by with no text, call, or anything from him. The only thing that kept me sane was the couch and looney tunes on the tv, which seemed more like background noise at this point.

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮

Alex

We really need to talk. Call me

I waited on a response, hoping he'd send me something, anything...

╰━━━━━━━━━━╯

Minutes passed by and my hope passed with it. The silence of the night and the chill in the air made the hairs on my arms rise. Normally, I'd be fine with it, but with everything going on and having to take time off work, It dawned on me how lonely I am. The doorbell rang, startling me. I hoped for Alex, but I knew it wouldn't be him.

"Who is it?" I shouted.

"Sebastian!" I opened the door, to his face bruised and cut up.

"What happened!" I rushed, pulling him inside.

"Got in a fight with some guy..." he groaned, as I sat him down on the couch.

I went into the kitchen to get the medkit, I always kept after the one time he came home bruised like this. I plopped back on the couch, pulling him closer. "Sebastian..." I sighed, trying my hardest not to lecture him. "This is why you shouldn't drink."

With the alcohol-soaked piece of cotton, I gently patted his cuts. He hissed in pain, but let me patch him up. "I know... It's just hard without you," he murmured, massaging my palm.

I moved my hand away, putting band-aids over the small cuts. "Sebastian, you have to learn to do things on your own." I got up, putting the kit back in the kitchen. "What happened to glasses?"

He chuckled, joining me in the kitchen. "Glasses? That's what you call him?"

"Well, he wasn't memorable enough to remember the name."

He smirked, taking a glass from the cabinet. "You're right, he wasn't..." he trailed. " but after you defended me, I broke it off with him."

"You remember that?"

He chuckled briefly before hissing in pain. "I was drunk but not drunk enough to not remember..." he stammered as he poured some orange juice into the glass. "You could have just let me stay there drunk, but you stood up for me, even after everything I did..."