𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

Joseph

Joseph

Saturday, December 12, 2002

Evening

The supermarket was less packed than usual and I just walked around with my small cart. Putting the variest ingredients and meats in my cart. Now that Sebastian didn't live with me, I could get whatever I wanted. The aroma of freshly baked bread and muffins filled my nose as I entered the bakery section. I hadn't had a sweet in a long time. It'd been so long since I'd had anything that wasn't a small bag of candy. 

"Free sample?" a woman asked with a tray of cupcakes.

"Uh, sure!" I chirped. She handed one to me. I bit into it, and it tasted like a rainbow in my mouth. I took two more bites, licking the frosting off my lips. "Can you tell me where I can get these?"

She giggled as she pointed to a cashier. I was taken aback by the person. "Pete?" 

He looked up from his phone with a huge smile. "Joseph? hey!" He sputtered, with his cute little white apron on.

"I didn't know you worked here..."

He rubbed his neck, looking embarrassed. "Yeah... Since we don't have work for a few days, I got a second job. Just to pass the time, but I'm about to get off in a few minutes."

It'd be nice to talk to someone... "Wanna hang out? Tired of being stuck in the house."

His face grew into that huge smile I was used to. "Sure!"

"Okay, well, Sweet Pete, what do you suggest I get?"

He looked behind him, scanning the endless trays of cupcakes and other sweets. "Uh- How does..." he trailed, "A cheesecake with berries sound?"

The hunger in me grew more with that description. "Sounds amazing!" He took it out of the fridge, setting it on the counter. "How much?"

"I'll pay, I picked it..." He mumbled.

"Pete, shut up and let me pay for it," I insisted, handing him my debit card.

He swiped it. "Fine, but I owe you. " he grinned, handing it back to me.

"You hanging out with me is the payment," I smiled, putting it at the bottom of the cart. "So I'm gonna go put all this away but I'll come back and give you that ride you wanted." a huge red tint grew on his face, and his eyes darted around the room, "Pete, a ride in my car!" I clarified, laughing.

"Oh right! Sorry, my mind went south..." Might have just opened another side of him... "I'll be near the Chinese food store when you come back."

"Ooo, I should get that too!" I squealed, getting a few stares. "I'll be back," I mouthed, getting a laugh out of him.