Chapter 8

Gabriel's POV

I went back to working and I decided na mag aayos nalang pala ako. Ilang minuto nalang mag mimeeting na.

I didn't expect kuya and dad to arrive early.

"Good Morning Mr.Rodriguez."They all said. "Morning dad, kuya." I said as I went outside of my office. "It's a surprise seeing you arrive early huh?" I said. "Well, importante kasi ang meeting na ito." Dad answered. I told everyone to get ready and pumunta na sa meeting room sa baba.

A girl then went inside the room and hugged kuya. A new girlfriend? "By the way, this is Stella, my girlfriend." He said. He's seriously flirting with Annalise the other day and may girlfriend na siya kaagad?

But I didn't seem to see any sadness in Annalise, maybe she's pretending?

Everyone got up to their seats and went outside the office, bumaba na rin sila. Annalise and Bea we're left kasi marami silang dadalhin.

"I'll help you with that." I said as I get the other papers Annalise is carrying. "Paano ako kuya?" Bea asked. "Kuya?" Annalise asked.

"Forgot to mention, Bea's our youngest sister. I'm basically the middle child." I answered. Annalise looked at us in shock. "Ah kaya pala parang magkamukha kayo!" She said sabay nila tawa ni Bea. I laughed a bit too.

"For sure Bea, you and my sister might get along kapag na meet mo siya." Annalise said sabay nila lakad papunta sa pinto.

"Baka maging sister in laws pa sila." I whispered. "I heard that." Aivan said. "What the heck Aivan?!" Nagulat ako sa kanya. "HAHAHAHA sorry pre, magugulatin ka talaga kahit kailan." He said sabay tawa. "Not funny bruh, just pretend you didn't hear anything." I said.

"Well, I definitely heard something and I'm telling Anna." He said. "Don't you!- Aivan!!" I said sabay namin takbuhan pababa sa meeting room.

We ran to the room laughing, having fun just like the old times and as we were on the door, we saw everyone look at us. "Very unprofessional, Gab and Aivan. Hindi na kayo mga bata." Dad said.

"Sorry dad-Sorry tito." We both said. "Let's start the meeting." Dad added. Aivan and I went to take a seat.

"Bad news, we need to fire some workers." Dad said. I got mad. Why?! "Why?! What's the matter? They're doing great naman ah?" I said. "Our company got robbed by one of your workers, Gab." He said. "Be like your kuya. Mapagkakatiwalaan lahat ng workers." He added. Comparing again?

I saw Annalise looked at me. "We will do an investigation at kung sino man ang makikita, I'll fire them." He said. "Baka yung baguhan pa ang hindi katiwa-tiwala dito.." He added sabay tingin kay Annalise.

"What? Why would you blame someone who doesn't even know anything yet! Ni hindi pa niya alam kung saan makikita ang expenses ng company!" I said, trying to defend Annalise.

"Whatever. Go get the copies of expenses in your office." He told me. I got up and walked towards the elevator. I went inside my office and looked for the company expenses in the small room kung saan nakalagay lahat ng papeles.

I heard someone went inside too. Ang dilim sa loob, sira pa naman ang ilaw dito.

"Nasaan na ba yun?" I heard it was Annalise. "Annalise?" I asked. "Sir? Your dad told me to go here, tulungan daw kita." She said. "Sige, pakitawagan nga ang phone ko, can't seem to find it." I asked.

Then I realized..

Mi amor is calling.

"May tumatawag ata sa'yo." She said. "Oh! Found it." She said. "Sino si Mi amor? Kaya siguro hindi ako nakatawag may tumatawag sa inyo." She asked.

I quickly ran towards her. I accidentally pressed the answer button and..

"What the, don't tell me that's my name in your contacts?" She asked sabay tawa. "Hindi kaya." I said. She quickly snatched my phone out of my hand and looked at it.

"What the heck Gab? HAHAHAHA!" She said. "Give me my phone!" I sad trying to get my phone back. "Nope! Nope!" She said while laughing and still checking her name in my contacts.

I didn't expect that we'll fall over and.. Our face is so close..

I can feel her heart beating..

She was on top of me and we both looked at each other shocked. She quickly stood up and fixed herself. I sat for awhile. She gave me my phone and we looked at each other..

We both started laughing. "Ang bigat mo ha." I said. "Ang sama!" She said sabay pasok sa room ulit, turning her flashlight on and started searching for the papers. Maybe dad told her kung nasaan yung mga papel.

I went inside too and we both searched for them.

......

After a while we found the papers and went outside.

Bumaba na kami, still laughing from what happened earlier and she said. "Shh, quiet na. Pagalitan tayo ng dad mo." She said. "Oh, right right." I said sabay ayos ng sarili ko.

"We're here." I said seriously. "Seryoso ah." Annalise whispered. I tried to hold my laugh. Sabay ko naman kuha ng papel and gave it to dad.

Annalise and I took our seats and dad looked at the papers.

"See? Ang laki ng bawas. Wala naman kayong project na requires payment?" He said. "Wala dad." I answered. "Exactly. Kaya there's probably someone who spent the company's money without you knowing." He said and looked at Annalise, again.

"Dad. Annalise is doing nothing. Baguhan siya. She doesn't even know paano hanapin yung expenses." I said.

"You're quiet Ms. Cruz?" He said. "Dad-" "I'm sorry sir but Sir Gabriel is right. I might be quiet all times and I can't spea for myself pero I think it's time." She said. "Well you're a girl and you probably spent them on your wants." Kuya said.

"You're right. I'm girl. But that doesn't mean you have the freedom to accuse me of something I didn't do. Ni reject lang kita sisisihin mo na ako kaagad? And do you have evidences? None. Saka lang po kayo mangsisi kapag may sapat at kapani-paniwala na kayong ebidensya." She explained. "I don't even know kung nasaan 'yon how can I spend it?" She added.

Go Annalise..

"I'm sorry pero as the the father of the CEO of the company I'm working on, hindi dapat kayo maging ganyan, especially sa mga baguhan. Kaya siguro lagi nalang nawawalan ng sekretarya ang anak ninyo hindi dahil sakanya, kundi sa kung paano niyo itrato ang mga baguhan niyang sekretarya." She said.

She's right tho, likas na sa'kin maging strikto pero I care for my ex secretaries, laugh with them, masyado lang silang natatakot kay dad..

"Excuse me." She said sabay labas ng room. I followed her. "Dont even try to follow her, you'll lose your job." Dad said.

"I don't care. I rather take the risk than seeing the love of my life disappear and get hurt." I answered sabay labas. I heard whispering as I walk through the hallway.

"Annalise! Saglit!" I shouted.

"What?!" She said as she stopped running. I saw tears on her cheeks and I asked. "Please, bumalik ka na." I said. "I can't lose another secretary." I added.

"It's not your fault, Gab. You don't have to feel bad." She answered. "Please." I begged. I never begged my other secretaries like this.

"Gab, masakit eh. Your dad and brother is accusing me of something I didn't do." She said. "Masakit 'yon. Almost all of my life I've been accused of things na hindi naman ako yung gumawa kasi babae raw ako." She added. "Masakit 'yon kasi lagi akong nasisisi at parang binabalewala ang karapatan ko." She said.

I held her hand. "I'll find I way, hahanapin ko kung sino man 'yon and I'll make sure you'll have your work back." I said.

"No, tinanggalan ka na ng trabaho ng dad mo." "Ako dapat ang mag sorry, bakit mo pa kasi ako hinabol?" She asked.

END OF CHAPTER 8