CHAPTER 2

꧁The only rose among the thorns꧂

Chapter 2: Section F

•••••••••••

Cassidy Jean's POV

Nasalabas ako ng building ngayon. Is it that building? Yes, it's that weird looking building. Nakatingin lang ako sa mga paa ko dahil maraming bagay ang naglalaro sa utak ko.

'If I were you, I'd leave this school right now.'

Paulit-ulit yun sa utak ko. Parang isang sirang plaka. Nakakairita.

"Merkel." I looked up to the person who called me. It's Mr. Ferrer with his serious face. "...the decision is up to you." Sabi niya tsaka pumasok sa loob ng building leaving me outside, confused and hesitating to follow. What he said made me think about it even more.

Out of all the school, why here?

Out of all the classroom, why this?

Out of all the section, why F?

Isang mabigat na hininga ang pinakawalan ko. Section F... The so called devil room. Would it be better if I leave? Or is it best if I stay?

*Ring* *Ring*

I quickly pulled the phone out of my pocket when it rang. Someone's calling me and it's an unregistered number.

Is it Manang Helen?

I answered the phone and placed it on my ear. Sandaling hindi nagsalita ang nasakabilang linya.

"Cassidy..."

Natigilan ako ng marinig ang pangalan ko galing sa isang pamilyar na boses. I immediately looked around to see if someone was spying on me. Di ko na rin napigilan ang pangungunot ng noo ko. Shit. How'd he get my number?!

Nanatili akong tahimik habang pinapakinggan ang ingay sa paligid niya. He's not in this school, is he? Hindi ko gaanong marinig ang sinasabi ng mga tao sa likod niya.

"What? You don't want to talk to your father now? Pfft!"

Bold of you to assume I think of you as a father. Unti-unting kumuyom ang kamao ko. After all he did, he still has a courage to contact me. Carson Ezackry Merkel...

"...you really think you can escape from me, don't you? Hahahaha! That's bullshit Cassidy. Remember this, wherever you go, I will find ways to find you. I don't care what the method as long as I get what I want--"

"And then what?" I cut off his words. "..ruin everything for me again?"

Humigpit ang hawak ko sa cellphone na bitbit ko. I've had enough of him. He's always like this. He forces me to do things that I don't like and forces me to like everything he finds amusing. "...try Carson Ezackry. Find me and kill me again. That's your favourite thing, right?"

Natahimik siya sa kabilang linya. Hindi niya siguro inaasahang magsasalita ako. He's been giving me random calls every month and I never respond to anything. After a few months, this is the first.