chapter 54

~Sesil

This night is heading anywhere but as planned.

As if Belle's breakdown of a reason that I yet to know and that Dustin dude flipping the meeting to a battlefield wasn't enough. And now my very angry mate is heading toward the drop-dead, gorgeous blond guy and I don't think they're intending to have a casual, friendly talk.

Noah keeps his grip on Belle as if his life depends on it. he throws my mate that is heading toward him a mucky glance and roars.

"it is a matter that concerns the two of us"

"I said let go" Belle squeals powerlessly, struggling to free herself.

Well, I don't think she wants to be involved though.

"what the fuck?" Adrien growls, barely keeping control on his hands as I hug them to my chest. I can see him swinging me to the end of the room any second from now.

If they start fighting, they'll get hurt, all of us will. Everyone stands as an eyewitness around us but based on the language that their tense bodies rehearse, they are not going to be much of spectators if a fight breaks out. I can't let his stupid temper get us all killed.

"she is my mate"

Mate?

Looking up at Adrien, I can see he is no less thunderstruck than most of us. He didn't know. Hell not even the two of them knew. They must have known when they saw each other just a while ago. Just as we were busy creating a scene and watching Vivian take down an alpha with not much of an effort, a new bond was forming.

"Noah" Oliver's voice whoops as he storms past us. He raves through the crowd and reaches out for his son, trying to knock some common sense into him.

"what the fuck are you doing?" he grabs his son's arm and glares at him "what nonsense are you spouting in a place like this." Oliver gives Belle a repelled peep before going back to his son "mate? This wen-?"

"don't" Noah screeches again. The hate that he is daggering at his father is making his eyes shoot livid flames. This is a not father-son relationship. They're enemies.

"I've walked away once because of you but not anymore" his hand drags Belle closer to him. "now if you're thinking about stopping me again then I suggest you either start trying to conceive another man and hope he is already eighteen before you die or consider betraying your own impotent beliefs and let Sofia take care of the pack because if she is out, then I'm out too"

Noah jerks himself from his father's hold.

"She is mine and no one is going to take her from me"

These are some strong emotions to feel for someone whom you've just met like literally ten minutes ago.

However, it doesn't seem like it is their first encounter and I can't make sense of the whole thing since Belle's past is a part that I hadn't gotten a chance to steal a look at yet.

"well, I'll have to disagree" Adrien's arm yanks itself out of my weak barrier. I knew that a night without fights is a thing we can't promise. Lately, I've been getting all the action and no time off.

Adrien comes at Noah as Belle gets freed and displayed behind the blond guy. My mate locks his hands on the collar of his adversary's shirt and what is going to happen is as bright as their glowing eyes. Their wolves are taking the lead, trashing every reasonable and civilized thought in the back of their consciences.

Noah lurches back. Gathering a shattering force in his fist, he uses them to blow my mate across the room.

That is freaking it.