chapter 9

~Sesil

my eyes starve for the light, I open them slowly, raining them with what they crave. The room feels more and more familiar as I adjust with my surrounding. Yet, it is the last room that I want to be in.

"Not this bloody room, again" I mumble as I struggle to set on the bed.

"That piece of trash..." a hulky sensation of pain breaks out from the side of my neck, and channels throughout my body from head to toe.

Memories of what I picked last before diving into my slumber race through my sedated mind.

He bit me. His golden eyes, his keen canines showering me with cruelty that I didn't expect from him.

I let my barefoot kiss the cold ground. The pain is heavily swirling in my body that any kind of movement is a must. I stride toward the door, meeting my legs' betrayal midway. I kneel down against my will, fighting whatever the hell is happening to my body.

The convict opens the door, his now back-to-normal, green eyes take in my disability. He wastes no time as he rushes hurriedly toward me. His face is showing no discretion of how he is feeling. he is concerned, real concerned.

"stay away from me!" I shout through gritted teeth, releasing some of the pain that I'm feeling.

A short distance is the only visible barrier that is standing between us, yet the invisible barrier is much, much longer. I 'm barely holding my eyes open, darting them between my dull legs and his unjustified concern. He did this to me, I don't know what it is that he did but he was the one who did it.

"what have you done to me?" I hardly hold my tears from spilling on my cheeks. It is not only a normal sting from a cut, it is as if my body is trying to cast my soul out of it.

"GOSH! why does it hurt this much?" I sob.

"you're rejecting me, your body is rejecting my mark. you have to accept me, I can ease your pain," he begs in a shaky tone, his eyes tracing up my weak core from my legs reaching my face.

"I would like to see you trying to accept someone who forced you on a fucking wall and bit your neck" my weariness takes the best of me and I fail in collecting my limbs.

"make it stop!"

Tears rain down my face and soon I'm loudly crying. He advances one step to find me crawling further from him. He scares me. I hate him.

"Please let me help you" his voice shatters on its way out, stumbling of the hard limp in his throat.

"never!"

"get out!"

His crossed hands find the back of his neck and he gapes sadly at me.

"didn't you hear me, leave!" what I intended for to be loud, resentful shouts also disappoint me as they evade me as mere whispers.

he gives me a last look before retrieving out of the room. The way his features were sketched before he left, still haunt my mind.

Get out of my mind God Dammit.

I quit my resistance and let my exhausted body fall apart. The pain comes back again, this time harder. I can only shrink on myself, close my eyes and hope it stops.

The door opens up and every ounce of me is not ready to expect any kind of guests, particularly a certain alpha. I pick what is rest of me and prepare myself to kick him out again. However, the intruder is not a man, it is an old, beautiful lady. Her now wrinkled face is a living proof of a beauty that she had possessed in a time of youth.