6 | Apologizing isn't Easy

It's 08.00 p.m after dinner time. Nastasia was in Nate's room, talking to him about the boy that she met. Nastasia was on the bed with a crumpled paper in her hand while Nate was sitting on his gaming chair with an open book in his lap.

"So, this boy that you met at the café is a transfer student in your school? Haha! And yet you refused to be his friend? HAHAHAHA!!" Nate laughed.

"It's not funny, Nate!" Nastasia said, annoyed by her brother's laugh.

Despite his bad habit of laughing before hearing the whole story, Nate has always been a good listener and advisor. Everyone seems comfortable sharing and talking about what's on their mind with him. When Nastasia has some kind of trouble, she would always ask for his help and he would happily lend her a helping hand. That makes him a good and caring friend and brother.

"Ahaha, okay okay, sorry. So, what's your problem?" Nate asked.

"What should I do? I mean, I literally left him as if he's just a rock that tripped me out of nowhere, then I threw it into the river," she implied.

"Don't do anything," Nate said, "he's just a rock, right? What do you want with a random rock anyway?" he asked.

"Well, nothing. But, still..." Nastasia looked down. She's feeling kind of guilty. She somehow regrets ignoring him twice. She's afraid that her actions would cause something terrible between them. She doesn't want to make more enemies than she already has.

Nate chuckled. "I can see that you're feeling guilty. If that's how you feel, then you should apologize to him," he advised.

"How?" Nastasia asked.

"When you see him, go talk to him," Nate simply answered.

"Easier said than done." Nastasia crossed her arms.

"It's apologizing. Of course, it's easier said than done. That's why you have to do it as soon as possible. If not, then it will be harder to apologize," Nate explained.

"But it's harder than it looks! What if he won't forgive me? What should I do then?!"

Knowing that his sister is not thinking positively, Nate makes her sister remember their mom's words of never giving up.

"You're giving up without even trying. Remember what mom said?" He put his book down on his desk and walked toward the bed and sat beside his sister.

"That we should never give up. We will never know the result if we never try," Nastasia said.

"And?"

"And if you fail, then try again because failure is only a delayed success," Nastasia added.

"Then, DON'T give up before you try!" Nate looked at his sister with a stern face. "That's my advice. From what you've told me, I can tell that he's a good guy. He'll forgive you," he said casually.

"You sure about that?" Nastasia tilted her head to the side.

"A hundred percent."

Nastasia is now feeling determined to follow her brother's advice. He is right. How could she know whether Sean would forgive her or not if she doesn't even try to apologize to him? She shouldn't be thinking negative thoughts. It is best to stay positive.

"I'll try talking to him tomorrow. Thanks a lot, Nate!" Nastasia thanked her brother.

"Anytime, little sis!" her brother replied.

***

The next day, Nastasia arrives early at school. As I said before, she's determined to apologize. The only problem is that she doesn't know where to look for him. Once she got into her classroom, Lux approached her directly.