Chapter 23: I'll Try

INFO: Character's backstory: Jane Darling, Killian Jones, Peter Pan

Ships:

Jane Darling x Peter Pan (in the flashback only)

Jane Darling x Dr. Whale / Victor Frankenstein (present-day)

Song:

I'll try from Return to Neverland (2002)

Interior. In the past: Jane had just a fight with her little brother Danny, her mother told her she thinks she's so grown up but has a great deal to learn, leaving her alone.

Jane folded her arms glaring at her mother as she left little twelve years old Jane slammed the door leaning against it, tearing up she slid down. Looking across the room laid her peter pan doll going to grab it she looked out the window.

So I'll try,

Cause I can't see what you see,

I'll try,

I'll try,

I'll try

Jane had fallen asleep on the windowsill unaware captain hook and his pirate crew came for Wendy except, for one thing, this was not Wendy quickly they sacked her into an old dirty bag as the alarms went off, he hurried his men off to set sail course for neverland.

She was untied later on meeting face to face with the one who captured her.

"You..." she simply said.

"Wait, you're not wendy..." Hook said but before he could finish he went to the side holding his nose as she punched him "my what a lass we have here, you'll have to do better than that Luv." Killian laughed with his crew.

Breathing heavily she held both her fists "Don't make me go a second."

"Alright, then there's no reason to have this Hook on ye," he held up his Hook to her throat, but no movement the girl wasn't the least bit scared. "You don't scare much do ye, lass."

She shook her head no.

Nodding approvingly they have arrived in neverland Hook began yelling out commands to his crew as Jane watched the dark island, surprised they have arrived hearing this from her mother's stories but she never really cared much ever since her father went to war and having to take care of her mother and little brother.

Interior. In the present: Jane was standing at the docks looking at the Jolly Roger the reminder of how she knew Killian haunted her for a long time. Not having the slightest idea that Pan was revived.

The young girl stood at the docks seeing the ship for herself as she glared reminded of being kidnapped, the pirate who took her was Killian and back then he was just a ruthless pirate but now he's learned to have a soft side to show her that he does care enough to make her his adopted daughter, not moving she just looked down to the side not making eye contact.

"There ye are lass, I've been looking everywhere for you," Killian said stopping in front of her, he noticed her look when she was sad that he knew too well. "what did the bloody crocodile do?" he asked angered.

"Took Pan's panpipe necklace he gave me a long while back, said it would revive him if I ever needed him, well now I have a huge suspicion that it's going to be used against me," Jane told Hook looking at him.

Hook sighed angrily to himself and knew this would happen or something close to it, a soft sigh escaped his lips as she spoke again.

"Come on, I have an idea where he might be."

With the wave of her hand, she teleported them into the woods as they both hid behind different trees, but what gold had forgotten was that there were specific notes to play to bring him back as she teleported going in front.

"Well, well seems like we don't have the right notes do we?" Jane grinned and grabbed the necklace back putting it around her neck, she played the right notes as a loud rumble shook the ground.

Out of the green goo showed a boy the same boy that died a few years ago as Jane smiled, but since he was revived by a pure heart and love on time he landed on his feet rubbing his eyes showing no more demon no more of the horrible things he has done as Jane ran up to hug him, Peter picked her up the first lost girl and the first lost boy of Neverland were reunited once more. Although something had happened when he started to fall in her arms in pain, she wondered what was happening.

"No, no please tell me the poison isn't in you still," Jane said hoping it wasn't as he was coughing.

Interior. In the past: Jane had just returned to hangman's tree quickly from being kidnapped again by Hook to go home only then did she slide down the hollow tree, she found him on the ground poisoned.

"No, no Peter!" she yelled heading towards the boy grabbing him in her arms wishing this wasn't real only a nightmare but Tinkerbell miniaturized fluttered in the air with her wings watching her friend. Laying him on his bed she wished she believed sooner, now she knew this was all real.

I can finally see it,

Now I have to believe,

All those precious stories,

all the world is made of faith and trust and pixie dust.

"I'm so sorry." Jane sobbed as she cried on the bed since he was dead, Tinkerbell let her wings down saddened as well.

So I'll try,

cause I finally believe,

I'll try, cause I can see what you see

I'll try, I'll try... to fly.

Without noticing dust from Jane's hands had shown as Tinkerbell fluttered her wings happily, she knew Jane was starting to believe once more, all those times living with the lost boys and becoming the first lost girl ever paid off, Peter started to glow back to life, when she looked up she gave a small sniffle unable to believe it, Peter sat up slowly opening his eyes she quickly ran to him as he hugged her.

"You--You did it." Peter said surprised pulling back from her as he cupped her cheek "you finally believed."

Jane sniffed smiling happily hugging her lost boy once more as he didn't want to let her go anymore knowing he may be a boy but he had deep feelings for the girl and it was time to show those feelings he never had with anyone else.

Interior. In the present: Peter Pan had come back from the dead put in the hospital bed as Jane sat beside him, Emma watched with her mother and Henry then walked away.

"It's hard to imagine he is back from the dead," Emma said looking at Snow her mother then at Henry.

"It's because of the panpipe necklace," Henry explained and pulled out his storybook to show them "see, Pan gave it to Jane cause he knew one day he'd be dead -- and it happened, well Gramps was going to use it against everyone and be able to control him, however, Peter had deep feelings for Jane."

"Wait... Pan and Jane loved each other once?" Emma asked trying to get the story straight.

"yeah, jeez mom, didn't you watch Return to Neverland?" "Wait so that's..."

"Mhm, that's Jane, Wendy's daughter from the movie, and Killian was the one who kidnapped her in the past."

Seeing deja vu again Emma began to get a headache as she headed with the two to Granny's but without further notice, more threats were to come as Rumplestiltskin was angrier than ever and Fiaro was also angry he didn't get what he wanted setting off on his own in this strange land seeing the boy practicing magic on his own.