30. Saturday [Day 6]※※※※

Magsimula sa umpisa

I sunk my body deeper in the water. I need to drown my nerves out.

"Sakusa's not a businessman though, so why does he have to go?"

Lundi entered with a hairbrush and started combing my wet hair. "Because he's a popular bachelor. And when I say popular, I mean popular. He was wanted heavily before, but after he stopped attending Receptions by choice when he was younger, he became irresistible. Then multiply that by his good looks and wealthy ties....you're definitely in for it, Y/n."

I remember hearing somewhere around this house that they were allowed to bring a plus one and it was almost always the oldest sister that attended. I can only assume, unfortunately, that was when and why Sakusa stopped going.

"So then why go back?" I asked."That all sounds like shit."

"As much as I want to say it's because of you, I can't entirely. In March next year, he turns seventeen, which means this is his last reception before then. Those ones are the most special because it means he's still eligible for untitled suitresses, which is a big majority of the daughters there."

She sounded uneasy as she spoke and slightly angry.

"What's an untitled suitress."

"They're people like you." She snarled. "Normal people with no ties to money or business. I hate it.--Oh, not you, the idea."

"No, I get it. "I brought my knees close to my chest. " So, when he turns seventeen, he and I wouldn't be allowed to date? Theoretically...of course."

"It's stupid, right?"

I nodded my head. It was stupid.

"But on the bright side...I feel like Master Sakusa-kun is the type of guy willing to break a few rules for someone he likes."

Heh, reminds me of the Good Student Itenirary thing. He broke a few rules on there, like breaking into a locked teacher's facility.

"He probably is." I answered, not realizing the smile on my face.

---

The time was now 7 am and Sakusa and I were headed into Hoshito's car. Mr and Mrs. sakusa were in their own chauffeured car while some guards, Lady Finn, and all the luggage were in another. According to him, it was rude to be seen getting out of the passenger side, so he made Sakusa sit in the back with me.

I was glad the party didn't start until noon because I would not be comfortable being in that dress for that many hours.

"Where is it being held?" I hadn't even realized I forgot to ask.

"A friend of our family's." He stated before going back to the window. He seemed uninterested in conversation, which was understandable. In the meantime of this drive, I attempted to find chances to implement possible tasks.

I only have a little over three weeks left and we've only gotten through, like, two or three. I am way behind.

If I remember correctly, I think task three was called  Sleepover, pretty self-explanatory. He has to let someone sleep in his room.

I know he technically let me sleep in there that time we were doing task one, but he got Saeko and Lundi to take me out as soon as he realized so it doesn't count. It needs to be at least a full night.

The longer we drove, the less civilization there was and the more private properties there were deep in the forest. The properties were, trust me, at least a mile long of land. We would pass the beginning of someone's property line and wouldn't reach the end until ten minutes later.