🏵️Chapter 36🏵️: A decision to forgive.

Start from the beginning

I rose up from where I laid as stood up, turning to see if there was anybody standing by Grandpa's grave. Nobody was there and his grave hasn't been constructed. All I could see was an open dug up ground in which I knew Grandpa was in.  I walked slowly towards Grandpa's graveside. The cold breeze blowing hard on me, making the clothes I was wearing colder but that was the last thing to bother me. Grandpa's graveside was beside grandma's completed grave.

There was nobody in the royal cemetery and all I could hear was the sound of my own breathing. On getting to his graveside, I could see his face vaguely through the glass coffin. There was a huge golden cross on his coffin which prevented one to see other parts of his body. All I could see vaguely was his head. He looked like he was sleeping and I could just tap and wake him up. That's how grandmother looked too when she left. She looked like she was in a deep slumber too.

I sat on grandma's grave which was beside grandpa's uncompleted own. I tried to smile for I know Grandpa wasn't going to be happy seeing me in pain.

To hell with that!  I thought,  falling to my knees, the puddle I fell on splashing on my face but not disturbing the tears flowing from my eyes.

"Grandpa... I'm here again" I started, gripping tightly the grass which I knelt on. "This unfilial child is here to say goodbye to you...I'm sorry I came this late...I... I was... I was just being childish and... and unnecessarily angry because I thought you cheated on Grandma... Saying that again to my own hearing makes me  feel sick. Who am I to be the judge between you two?..." I trailed off.

  I wiped my tears with the back of my cold hand. "I'm here to say... I'm sorry. For being so unfillial... I'm sorry. For being so stupidly arrogant, I'm sorry. For not being a good grandchild and taking your presence for levity, I'm sorry. You don't know how bad I'm being punished for this, you don't how many secret tears I've cried and pretended to be strong. You don't-" I suddenly started coughing, it was so bad that I could feel my throat being twisted. The cough was enough to shut me up.

I laid down in between the two graves when the cough stopped. "That was a good way to shut me up, Grandpa" I said laughing to my own dry sense of humor.

"I'm tired" I said as I started feeling dizzy.

"and I'm tired of everything" I said again to no one in particular. It wasn't  long before I found myself dozing off.

_______________________✍️

"Nora". I heard someone whisper as I felt a little tap on my legs.

"Eleana?" I heard someone whisper again and that was enough to wake me up, immediately blocking out the sunlight that was rushing into my eyes with the back of my palm, It took me a while to see who was tapping me to consciousness.

"Nanny?" I called as I sat up and rested my back against grandma's grave.

  "Come here, my child. You'd catch a cold if you don't have a dry clothing on you". Nanny said, signalling me to come over as she sat on Granny's grave.

   I moved closer to her, resting my head on her laps as I felt a dry blanket cover me from the cold. I smiled and looked at Grandpa's grave which was beside us and tried to crack a smile.

"How did you find me, Nanny?" I asked her, even though I wasn't expecting her to be here with me, I felt loved and supported.

"Mary, Ciara and Kalia said you went missing after the doctor told you the news. Ciara was specifically worried because according to her, she said you were silent for five good hours before disappearing. They all begged me to come look for you. It wasn't hard to put two and two together when I found out today's your grandfather's burial". She explained to me and I nodded.