47

Mrs Benson was sitting in the living room when simi walked in

"Hey ma. Good evening ma"

"Hello darling, how was your day"

"Hectic!!"

"You spend the whole day shopping and that's hectic"

"Well mom , it is quite a struggle to get what you want in it's perfect size"

"Indeed madam fashionista. How's Nancy by the way I haven't been seeing her around for awhile"

"She's fine ma. Just busy lately"

"Is that so. Oh have you spoken to jimi since yesterday"

"I did send him a text and he seem to be doing ok"

"He's not picking my calls am sure he's coming up with another excuse to not come home for the holidays"

"Mom, honestly I don't think jimi wants to come home right now, he has alot going on that he needs to figure out before thinking about going anywhere"

"What is going on that he needs to figure out. He already tried with that stupid girl and that was just a complete waste of time now he has to focus on the company and getting himself out there"

"Mom pls don't be like that"

"Like what"

"Like you're oblivious to the fact that jimi is actually in love for the first time in his life"

"Well that didn't work out , how long is he suppose to pine over that for."

"It's only been two days"

"And so, he is a man he needs to get his acts together and you need to stop making excuses for your brother. Don't you dare defend him like this when he's here"

"Why not. He is longer living a dream reality struck him and he's fully awoke so let's stop deceiving ourselves. Jimi is far gone mom you need to see how he talks about this babe especially her daughter''

"Her whaaat!!" Mrs Benson snapped

"Ah you don't know she has a daughter"

"That girl has a child "

"Hmmm hmnn I think her name is abby . Jimi won't stop talking about her. It's insane"

"Ah 'egbami' what's all this nonsense"

"Dial your brother's line for me right now"

"Is everything okay mommy"

"Call him already."

"Okay" she dialed his number

"Do you know how old she is"

"I have no idea but she's definitely old enough to have a conversation because jimi keeps saying she says this and that."

"Has he picked up his phone" she jumped up

"No mom he is not answering"

"Ehn God. So I've just been covering myself with a burning wrapper all this while. "

"What's going on mom"

"Your brother is getting himself tangled in this crazy girl's scheme. And that's about to end . Nobody messes with my son"

She head upstairs lamenting

"Okay mom you lost me there what are you talking about?"

#

Marty and Philip sat on the stairs by the veranda, it was late at night and they were just by themselves enjoying the sight of night fall

"Do you think there's something we can do to rekindle the fire..... "Marty started
".. Am sure if we think deeply we might be able to find something, do something to save their relationship"