33

Diana and Marty sat on the floor in her living room they were picking beans for dinner while Abby was playing outside with Brady

"So Didi, tell me how was your outing, how was your visit to your in-laws"

"I already told you it was fine and can you stop already with this in-law label"

"Hmmm I don't understand what am I supposed to call your boyfriend's parents"

"Call them my boyfriend's parents or Mr and Mrs Benson"

"Yeah whatever. They are our soon to be in-law"
Diana ignored her

"So"

"So what now!"

"What happened there"

"Nothing"

"That's all you said, ain't you going to gist me about how it went"

"What's there to say"

"Cmon babes"

"Okay, their house is really lovely and big and his dad is a very nice man"

"Ok.."

"Ok. What" she raised a brow

"Go on"

"That's all"

"What do you mean by that's all.. Didn't you guys talk at all, you were gone for hours, you spent most of yesterday there and you are telling me that's all, what about his mom you don't have any qualities to qualify her"

"I do, it just that I don't feel comfortable talking about it"

"Why not"

"It's complicated"

"Diana you need to figure out if you are having a complicated situation or you are the complicated one, Jimi took a big step introducing you to his parents and I just wanna know how you feel about it, am sure he is gonna wanna know how you feel about it"

"Honestly he is really cool about it , unlike you why are you on my case today"

"You just need to leave out of your head Sometimes, no offense but you are too restricted you don't trust people and you find it even more difficult to love others"

"Well That's not true.. I love you, I love Abby oh and my cousin Betty, the list goes on "

"Didi you know that's not what am talking about. You need to let people in, I mean that's the whole point for starting out new. This constraints you attach to yourself is pushing away
That how you are building a wall around yourself, I thought one of the reason you move to Lagos is to move on and start afresh"

"It is...."

"Well in case you haven't notice, you are not exploring that fact... You are in a relationship and you cannot loosen up, let go of all those restrictions try and enjoy yourself"

"That's what am trying to do"

"Okay tell me where do you picture yourself in five years"

"Oh oh this is getting serious, you are getting all lawyered up on me"

"Am serious didi"

"Okay in the less five years I see Abby graduating basic school and moving to high school, five years maybe a long time but yeah Abby will be in high school"

"Oh okay what about you"

"What about me"

"You just said where you see Abby in five years what about you. "