23

Philip was standing outside about to knock on the door when Diana opened the door, Brady was lurking around him. He didn't say anything so diana was wondering what was going on

"Hey Phil.. Is everything okay?"

"Oh yeah, everything's fine diana, it's just uhm... Is Martha in?"

"Nope, she left already"

"Ohh, it's just she doesn't call me to drop her off these days..  I tried calling her but she's not answering i hope there's no problem?"

"No, it's not that she just doesn't want to bother you anymore"

"Who says anything about bothering who. She knows I always want to drop her off "

"I don't know, maybe she just doesn't want to  impose''

he cracks '' am not complaining, but why won't she just pick my call and at least find out if am available to drop her off or not, is there something you are not telling me''

diana stepped out of her doorstep and move to the veranda standing closer to Philip

" why are you being so nice to Marty"

"I don't get, is something wrong with being nice"

"No Phil, there's nothing wrong with being nice.. You two have grown extremely close lately and Marty is just being careful"

"Careful.. about what, Wait! Does she think am going to hurt her or something. Is all this bothering her "

"No of course not Philip, but in a way if she keeps this up she could hurt."

"Am not following ,diana what are you trying to say?"

"How else do you want me to explain this"

"I don't know, how about you tell me why Martha is avoiding me in simple English, did I offend her? Did I say something wrong, did I do something wrong?"

"I really don't know what to say maybe you should ask her"

"She's not picking my calls or replying my texts, I haven't seen or heard from her in 3 days and I know she has been coming here"

"Well are you worried"

"Obviously..."

diana sighed heavily leaning against the rails

" I'm only telling you this because you are my friend otherwise I shouldn't disclose something like this because it's personal to Marty ...but sincerely speaking you are a little daft Phil and slow ''
he glares at her as she laughs at him

"Not funny"

"Am sorry I had to use those words  but how can you not know that Marty has feelings for you... It's so obvious she can barely hide it anymore." He looked confused

"oh goodness Phil she has shown it in every way possible but you still don't seem to get it"
Phil looks like he lost hold for words

"Look it's OK if you don't feel the same, it's just too bad coz she thought after you were done with Paula ,you were going to perhaps ask her to be your girlfriend but since you didn't push the buttons she felt you weren't interested in her"

"I was.. ''  he interrupted " I am"

"What!"

"I do like Marty alot, she's an amazing person, I mean how else did I summon the courage to finally break up with Paula.. Just so I I can be good enough for her, I had no idea she feels the same"

"Then you must be blind. The signs were all over. She was waiting for you to make the big move"

"I did try to make my move but Jimi walked in on us the day we tried to kiss and things have been really awkward between us since then. I realized she might be feeling awkward because she got caught in the moment and she doesn't feel the same"