Chapter 2

After Scott and i finished our pizzas, we got another drink, putting on some music and have a little dance party. This is what i loved about our friendship just feeling comfortable enough to be goofy and let yourself go. Drinks kept flowing and after a few we sat down, talking about everything and nothing. Laughing joking around,  we were pretty drunk when Scott's  phone rang "shit" he mumbled.  "Whats wrong?" i slurred.  "I forgot to tell Chris i was staying over, so he is face timing me." Fuck fuck fuck it thought to myself.  "You just answer ill make us another drink" i said letting out a little sigh in relief that i had a good excuse to leaf the room and it not being obvious.

As i was mixing the drinks i could here Scott talking to his brother, apologizing for the fact he didn't let him know he wasn't coming home tonight. 

God they really are  close as a family i thought to myself smiling. I then let out a little sigh thinking of my own family.  Family gatherings at my house always contain conversations about how disappointed they were in me. It was one of the reasons i had moved half way around the world. It was the only way i could avoid the weekly family dinners. I normally only visited with Christmas, in the 10 years i lived here the never visited me... not even once. Always saying it was my decision to move, so my responsibility to come and see the family.  I got snapped out of my thoughts when Scott walked into the kitchen still holding his phone in front of him.  "This is Liv" he said, i felt the blood drain from my face when he turned the phone. As the phone was turned i was looking at the beautiful face of Chris Evans, a grin plastered on his face his gorgeous bright blue eyes sparkle trough the screen.

"Hi he said nice to finally meet you,"  Chris said his million dollar smile dazzling me even trough the screen. "Ye...yeah.. y... you to"   i stuttered.  Right as he was about to say something else Dodger appeared in the screen next to him, and all my reservations flew out the window.  "Hey Dodgie i squealed are you being a good boy?"  I kept talking to Dodger for a minute totally forgetting Chris was on the line as well. Dodger was wagging his tail putting his nose on the screen. All of a sudden i remembered that Chris was on the line as well, "sorry" i muttered turning bright red. "Dont be sorry" Chris said smiling. "By your reaction i guess you to already have met" Chris said still smiling.  "Yep whenever he is at your sisters house, when they are watching him for you. Not to mention the time he stayed with me when you all went to Disney."  Before Chris could respond Scott turned the phone again.  "My arm is getting tired so i gonna hang up now, see you tomorrow."  I could here Chris laughing before Scott ended the call. 

I brought the drinks back to the living room. Sitting down Scott looked at me funny, "whats with the face?" i asked. He smirked, "I could ask you the same thing..." he said raising his eyebrow looking at me. "I dont know what you mean"  I replied rolling my eyes. 

"The stutter ... Whats with the stutter?" Scott said  "Nothing you just caught me off guard pushing the phone in my face."  He smirked and let out a chuckle.  "If  you say so..."  Scott  said still that smirk on his face.

As i was sipping my drink an idea for a gift for Chris came to mind, "ill be right back" i said standing up and walking off.  Walking into my office i took a post-it scribbled my idea down so i wouldn't forget it and walked back into the living room.  I started laughing when i see Scott set up the karaoke set he got me for my birthday. 

After a few rounds of karaoke we decided to go to bed, after saying goodnight i walked into my bedroom. After i changed and brushed my teeth i crawled into bed. My mind was racing it was only 2 weeks until Christmas and i couldn't even pull it together on a face time call. How the hell was i going to keep it together being in the same house as him for a couple of days?

After an hour trying to get to sleep i gave up. My mind was in overdrive and sleep wasn't going to happen.  I went to my office, seeing the post-it i send out  an email about Chris his gift. I was hoping and praying he was going to like it. I worked on a few more chapters of my book being really happy with my progress overall. Almost having finished it, i was happy i was going to be able to send it to my publisher before Christmas. After i almost fell asleep behind my laptop i decided to go back to bed, once i crawled back in bed i fell in a restless sleep.

I woke up feeling even more tired then i went to bed, but i smelled food so i slipped out of bed and walked to my kitchen. "Good morning" Scott said way to chipper for the time of day.  "Morning" i said as i stretched myself trying to wake myself up. "Did you sleep well?" i ask.     "Yes like a baby" he said smirking . "You?" Scott asked me looking at me raising an eyebrow. "Nope after an hour i got out of bed and worked for a bit" i said yawning.

"You're crazy" he said, shaking his head. "Do you read what you wrote the day after? You know because you wrote it tipsy...."  I shrugged my shoulders, "sometimes it helps with the spicy stuff" i said winking at him. Scott bursts out laughing. "Cant wait to read it" he said. 

We sat down for breakfast enjoying a moment of piece and quiet. "Hey before i go i have some time to help you find a gift for my brother" Scott said. I smiled at him. "Nope not needed already have something." he looked back at me surprised.  "When did this happen?"   I smiled. "After you shoved his face time call in my face, i thought of something".   I could feel my cheeks getting red, he looked at me with a questioning look on his face "and what would that be...." 

"I am not telling.." I  grinned "you'll have to wait till Christmas." He wined "but i know what everyone else is getting..."  I smirked at him... "No you dont, you dont know what you are getting."  I couldn't help but laugh at the grownup man sitting beside me pouting like a little boy. He pulled himself together, "well i am going home then... Thank you for the lovely day yesterday." he said hugging me."  

"My pleasure, ill see you next week." I said smiling at him. " Yeah i was thinking..." Scott said. "Next week we can maybe do it over at Chris his place." I was quiet for i minute, before i could answer he continued  "i feel guilty that you're always hosting so i thought since Chris is going to be watching our niece and nephews and will be out of the house we could do it there." 

I sighed,  "you dont have to feel guilty Scott i like hosting you" i said in a soft voice.  "Oh come on..." Scott said pouting, "it will be good for you getting out of the house for a bit." I hesitated, but since it would be just me and Scott i thought why not. "Okay sounds fun." Scott beamed and kissed my cheek and i watched him walk to his car and driving off. 

After Scott left i cleaned up the kitchen and took a shower. I took my laptop out of my office and installed myself on the couch putting the last finishing touches on my book before sending it to my publisher. After i was done i realized that it was already dinner time. I made myself some food had dinner and called my family back home.  Soon regretting that decision after my mother kept wining about the fact i couldn't be home for the holidays. 

After a discussion i hung up, they didn't care about the fact that there was a travel ban. i should have found a way according to them. My brothers in the background yelling belligerent at my mother to stop fussing about it as i didn't gave a damn about them apparently. I know they are my family but sometimes it didn't feel like that at all. Especially after i spend some time with Scott, his sisters and Lisa. Sometimes i was just jealous at the family bond they had.

I went to bed feeling super tired, and as soon as my head hit the pillow i was out like a light.