Chapter 51

It was 7.30 and we where sitting in the clinic of the Dr Adams. It was one of the doctors on Chris his list. And when i looked him up and talked with him over the phone i was sure enough to make an appointment with him. 

I could sense we both where nervous because Chris played with my fingers. It had become a habit that every time he became nervous he played with my fingers. I didn't mind and actually liked it. His touch alone calmed me. Sometimes it was still surprising to me how much a touch of him would just have me calm down and feel save. 

"Mr and Mrs Evans?" the doctor said walking into the waiting room, "sorry to have kept you waiting." We shook our heads, "Its okay we both said." He smiled, "If you both would like to follow me to my office than we can talk about the results of the tests."

We both sat down and he typed something on the computer. "Well we did a blood test and congratulation you are indeed pregnant" he said smiling. We talked for a bit about the do's and dont's and he then asked if we wanted to do an ultrasound we both nodded smiling. I laid down on the table and he examined me short before he put the jelly on me and started the ultrasound. it was quiet for a while and i got more anxious, "everything okay?" i asked nervously. "Everything seems fine but i have to check something...." He looked at the screen and smiled. "Do you wanna hear the heartbeat?" I smiled, "Is that already possible?" i asked. "It is.. because as far as i can see you are about 6 weeks along."  He turned on the sound and we heard a very fast beating. "Huh" the doctor said and i immediately looked at the screen. "What?" Chris asks obviously worried. "Just a moment" he says as he rolls around the wand over my stomach. "Does twins run in your family?" he asked, "No i said not in mine.." i looked at Chris. "No not that i know of" he said. 

"Are there two?" i asked. "Yes there are at least two" the doctor said still concentrated on the screen. "What do you mean at least two?" i asked as i started to panic. the doctor pulled the screen closer and turned up the volume. "Can you hear that?" he asks "that is not 1 not 2 but 3 heartbeats. And as you look at the screen you can see baby A he points, baby B he says pointing and there is baby C."  We both sit there in shock looking at the screen. 

"I am going to give you a minute, whenever you are ready just come to my office and we can discuss how to go from here." the doctor says. 

After the doctor had left to his office i looked at Chris who was grinning at the screen. "3 babies" he whispered. I was two stunned to speak and started crying. "Hey hey hey what is wrong. What is wrong what is wrong i said going into a total panicky state. 3 babies Chris 3. oh god oh god oh god." I was panicking and everything ran trough my mind, i mean one baby is scary...let alone 3.  "Its gonna be okay baby" he said wiping the tears from my face. "Easy for you to say" i pouted. 

I looked at the screen again at the 3 babies. "OMG" i said this time crying because of how happy i was. "3 babies" i whispered again. "OMG i am gonna get huge." Chris chuckled, "you're gonna be even more gorgeous than you already are." 

We walked into the doctors office and sat down. "How are you both holding up, i know this can be bit daunting" he said. I nodded, "yeah you can say that" i said smiling. 

We discussed the plan keeping me under close observation. We told him that we only be in town for 3 months and he had a few suggestions for doctors in Boston. He gave us the video of the ultrasound and some pictures from each baby having it say baby a, baby b and baby c.

David was waiting for us in the car at the back entrance and when we got in he drove us home. All of a sudden it was like it sunk in and that Chris finally realized what was going to happen. "Holy shit!" he yelled trough the car. "3 babies!" he said as he let his hand run over his face. "You know what this means?" he said smiling, "yes" i said furrowing my eyebrows "that in a few months i cant even see my toes any more, and if i lean forward to much i will fall over." Chris laughed, "dont worry baby i finish this project and after that i am all yours tomorrow i will cancel everything else."  I let out a sigh. "You dont have to do that" i said. "I know i dont have to but i want to, i dont wanna miss to much i wanna be there for everything and not risk being on set when you go into labor." 

"I hadn't thought about that" i said blushing. "I know you are scared baby and i am scared to but we can do this." he pulled me in and hugged me. 

We arrived at the house and Chris helped me out of the car, we said goodbye to David and just when we where about to walk into the house he said. "I know i am not supposed to comment on private matters, and i know i am supposed to blend into the background but i wanted to say congratulations."  I smiled at him "thank you David" i said, Chris gave him a hand thanking him and he drove off. 

We walked into the house and sat down on the couch, "can we watch the video?" i said. Chris smiled "of course" he said putting the USB into the TV. The rest of the night was spent looking at our babies. Cuddled on the couch with Dodger and Asher on either side of us. 

All i could think, was how happy i was and i cuddled even deeper into Chris. 

I hadn't even realized i had fallen asleep when Chris lifted me up and carried met to bed. "Soon ill be to heavy for this" i murmured, he laughed. "We will see" he said putting me gently down. "I am going to walk the dogs real quick" he said kissing my forehead. "hmh" was the only sound coming out of me.

I could feel him get into bed and wrap his arms around me, "i love you so much Liv" he whispered in my ear. "You make me so happy" he said before i drifted into a deep sleep but not before it told him i loved him to and he made me happy to.