Chapter Thirteen: DeVante the Dumbass

DALVIN POV

I have to say, as smart as my brother may be, I can't believe how DUMB he's being about this whole situation! Why don't you just grow a pair of balls and tell K.O. how you really feel? I know we're brothers, but I think DeVante has a vagina down there. I think he may need an endorsement deal for Tampons because he's acting all PMSy, all in his feelings and shit. 

Me: You dumbass nigga.

DeVante: The fuck did I do?

Me: How long you gon' keep this shit up!? You gon have to tell her eventually! What are you scared of?

DeVante: Not a motherfucking thing.

Me: You don't want to get rejected. That's what this is about. How can you think so negatively about this?

DeVante: Look, I---

Me: Look nothing, nigga! Ya'll was made for each other. And she ain't no better either, acting all coy like she don't know what's up between ya'll. She knows, she's waiting for you to make that move and fess up. I'm telling you man! 

DeVante: I ain't talking about this no more, she has her man and I have my own shit. 

Me: You're gonna spend the rest of your life wondering what might have been! 

KAKUYA POV

I was relieved to have left Charlotte, but something didn't feel right. Something was telling me to think twice, like there was some unfinished business I didn't tend to. Tupac was recording, leaving me alone in our apartment. So, I decided to call DeVante. 

DeVante: Hello?

Me: Hey you, what's up baby?

DeVante: I got Dyana with me this weekend, what are you doing?

Me: Pac's at the studio, I'm just chilling at home!

DeVante: Want me to come out there?

Me: No.

DeVante: You know I will.

Me: I can come to you. He'll be gone for the entire week! But I don't want to burden you.

DeVante: Stop it! Come on, come through, pretty pretty pretty please with your panties on top?

Me: I'm hanging up!

DeVante: I was just playing, baby. 

Me: I'll be there in a few hours baby, see you in a few hours. 

I hung up, packed some things and headed to DeVante's place in LA!

FOUR HOURS LATER...

I knocked on the door and there he was, smiling from ear to ear and hugging me.

Me: I missed you!

DeVante: I missed you!

I heard the pit-pat of little feet coming behind DeVante, man little Dyana is growing UP!!! I picked her up and she giggled!

Me: Hi Angel!

Dyana: Hey TT K! I missded you! I wuv you!

We had eaten some pork chops, rice, and broccoli for dinner. After that, Dyana fell asleep and I decided to take a shower. DeVante had fallen asleep on the couch, and he looked so dreamy sleeping. He done grew up on a sista! He had a six pack, buff, sexy, and even more sexy. I stripped my clothes off, turned on the shower water and stepped in. I had Sade's "Love Is Stronger Than Pride" playing in the background and had some candles lit. I would have taken a shower but I would have fallen asleep!

DEVANTE POV

I went to check on my Dyana. Sound asleep and safe. I went back on the couch, but got back up when I heard music playing in the bathroom. I took off my shirt and slowly opened the door. K.O. just HAD to take a shower at the most cruicial time. I could see nothing but steam, candles, and the smell of satsuma and vanilla was in the air. Dalvin was right, I can't keep this shit buried inside no more. She needs to know, and now she's going to! 

I tapped lightly on the door and K.O. wiped away the steam to see me. 

Kakuya: What are you doing? 

I sighed and told her to turn off the water, and she did. The second she opened the door, I spoke.

Me: Remember when we made the pact that we would always be honest with each other?

Kakuya: Yes. 

Me: Well, I gotta tell you something.

Kakuya: Ain't nothing stopping you, talk.

I took her hands and kissed them. 

Kakuya: DeV-

Me: Be quiet. Just...please. 

I picked her up and placed her on the bathroom floor. I was struggling to undo my belt and stopped when I noticed she was covering herself up. I tried to move her hands...

Me: Baby, let me see.

Kakuya: I...

...but she wasn't having it. I kissed her neck and she moaned, but we were interrupted by the phone ringing. 

Me: Ignore it babe, let it ring.

Kakuya: It's probably Tupac!

Me: C'mon, don't do that....I just..

She pushed me off and went in the guest bedroom to answer the phone. I sat there on the floor. DAMN! How could I let her get away from me like that? Now we're in an awkward place rather than a good one! Pac is my homie, but sorry pimpin'...I got a real deep love for your girl.