Chapter Eight: Falling to Pieces

KAKUYA POV

I woke up at Wendell Alderdice Hospital. I saw Cari, Sienna, Euxodie, a cop, and two doctors behind me.

Me: What the hell is going on?

Sienna: Kaki....I.....oh....

Euxodie: You were---

The cop introduced herself as Detective Christo, clearing her throat.

Me: What's going here?

Detective Christo: I'm sorry to tell you this, but you were sexually assaulted tonight. 

The moment she said that, I fell to pieces. I was sexually assaulted AND beaten half to death. I cried so loudly that it took everyone in the room to keep me calm....so many thoughts went through my mind: Why did Lazarus do this to me? How could I recover from this? How was I going to tell DeVante, better yet, could I?

The doctor checked me and whilst my hymen was still present,  I was kicked repeatedly in between my legs, so much so that my vaginal cavity was almost swollen shut. I felt embarrassed, hurt, and ashamed. I didn't do anything to deserve what Lazarus did to me! I may have survived, but I bet you my bottom dollar that he won't!

THREE WEEKS LATER...

I'm taking IRL (Indefinite Referred Leave) from school. I'm still enrolled, but I'm given a pass by my teachers because of what happened. I can't eat, sleep or breathe. DeVante's called, but I have Sienna and Euxodie cover for me, but they keep running out of excuses to make. I feel bad because I was supposed to see his new place in New Jersey next week, but I can't face him. I can't tell him because:

1. What can he do about it?

2, If he gets involved, he'll kill Lazarus which won't be good for him, me, the school, or Jodeci.

3. He'll think a lot less of me.

I know I'm wrong for keeping this from him, but I can't have any more stress on me.

DEVANTE POV

I'm worried about K.O.! She never ignores my calls, no matter how mad she may be at me. Something's going on with her, and I'm gonna get to the bottom of it. So, for the umpteenth time, I called her dorm room looking not for her, but for some answers since she don't wanna tell a nigga nothing.

Me: Hello?

Sienna: DeVante? Kakuya's not--

Me: Look, stop jerking me around. I know she's there Sienna. I know something's up with her. I know my best friend like the back of my motherfucking hand. Now, I'm not looking for her....I'm looking for you. Either you gon' tell me what's going on, or I'll keep calling ya'll. Which would you like?

Sienna: Okay. Fine!

Me: Now, what's the reason K.O. isn't taking my calls?

Sienna: She--

Me: You better think REAL hard before you fix ya mouth to lie, I'm warning you.

She sighed and began to speak.

Sienna: She'll flip out if she knew I told you.

Me: I'll take the heat.

Sienna: Okay....she went out three weeks ago for dinner with her boyfriend Lazarus. They got into an argument, she tried to get out the car and he beat her unconscious.

My face turned red and my jaw clenched up! I said it before, I'mma say it again! If someone messes with my best friend, you're messing with me too!!! I'm ready to fuck someone up!

Me: Keep speaking.

Sienna: He uh...sexually assaulted her too. 

Me: WHAT THE FUCK!??? YOU LET THIS HAPPEN TO HER, YA'LL DISLOYAL YAMP ASS HOES!

Sienna: Hold up, my nigga. We found her in the bushes! We never saw what happened to her!!! You better know the truth before you jap off about shit. 

Me: Okay, let me calm down. Look, let me figure something out. I'll call you later, thanks Sienna.

I hung up the phone and tried to calm down. I don't know how K.O. could keep something like this from me! She knows I'd die for her and have no motherfucking qualms about going to jail for her. I'm mad as fuck that this happened to her, but I'm hurt that she would keep this from me.