18 : MALEVOLENT

Bitter - Fletcher

It is yet another day.

Jennie has to work her ass up because time is running out. She needs to pay for the hospital bills as fast as she can and she also hhas to catch up with school. Waking up early so she could prepare herself, Jennie walks out to find her uniform she uses for the fastfood chain.

She has a plan. She would ask for her boss to give her an early payment then she'll find another job so in no time, she can pay for her brother's medical fees.

Yeah. That's about it. She can do this.

With a pat on her shoulder, Jennie fixes her uniform before smiling at the mirror. "You can do this!" Jennie encourages herself, hearing Myungsoo's 'slay' on the background.

Jennie went down the stairs only to find Gyongai and Jiyeon already preparing their breakfast. "Jennie, you woke up early. Come and have breakfast with us first." Gyongai insists, Jennie shakes her head. "I'm fine, eonnie. See you later! Bye!"

"Okay but becareful and also eat something--" Gyongai starts to blabber and Jennie has to stop herself from laughing. She heaves a deep sigh, looking up at the majestic apricot clouds.

The dawn starts to break in the middle of Seoul; it sings a very familiar tone that brings up a eumorious of daisies around people's auras. An aubade makes its way to Jennie's porcelain skin and she could already feel the magnetic happiness inside of her; she smiles.

This is gonna be a great day.

"This is seriously the worst day of my life." Jennie mutters to herself as she wipes the table aggressively. Apparently, her boss didn't give her anything but a single no and now, she has to work overtime. She can almost feel the tears flowering up her eyeballs.

"Woah, slow down there cowboy. You're gonna wreck the poor table." Seoyeon stops Jennie and the said girl could only whine. "How can I not slow down?! My brother is dying, the boss has a shitty attitude, I didn't have any breakfast-- and this goddamn table isn't fucking cleaning itself!!!" Jennie shouts so loud, the customers look at her.

Seoyeon gives them an apologetic smile then pats younger's back. "I'll take care of this, go on now." She grabs the towel from Jennie, continuing her job. Jennie runs a finger through her hair and sighs deeply from her lungs. She went back to the counter, wanting to just perish herself from reality.

Apparently, nothing is going on her way. The boss she has right now is seriously no better than Choihee, the place sucks and smells like rotten geese, and now Jennie is filled with anxirty.

The thought of seeing Jeremie waking up with without anyone beside him drives Jennie insane and mostly guilty. Jeremie is the only family that Jennie has-- sure, she has Gyongai and her dormies, but it's not the same as having her brother.

Jennie had to leave and study here in South Korea so she can both pursue her dreams of becoming a journalist but also helping Jeremie's expenses back in New Zealand.

Plus, Jeremie Waltz Kim is always sick. He could touch some flowers and then the next thing she knew, he would be itching nonstop. He also catches cold and that concerns Jennie a slew because she is the big sister.

When Jeremie was fifteen and Jennie was only seventeen, they had to seperate ways for a reason that Jeremie was then diagnosed and was needed to be treated badly.

Since they have no parents nor anyone to support them, Jennie had to make a move. She packed her things, left Jeremie with that one nurse she trusted, and flew back to South Korea. Jennie had nothing with her but her baggages, a passport, and a few dollars. However, that did not stop the little girl from fighting reality.