Perfectly Imperfect

Clint loved coming home for Christmas.

The air on the farm was always so crisp and clean during that time, and the sunlight reflecting off the snow reminded him of a thousand glittering diamonds.

Then of course, there was Loki.

                   ***********

Only a few people knew that they lived together, and even fewer knew they were in a relationship spanning back to before the Battle of New York. Clint had learned early on that Loki was being mind-controlled as well, a connection forging between them thanks to the scepter. While most of his colleagues thought Natasha had freed him, the truth was, after falling in love with each other, Loki had let him go so they could thwart the invasion planned by their captors.

Afterwards, Clint begged him to tell everyone the truth so he could stay on Earth, but he was too afraid that the Other would hurt the archer if he did.

A year went by, and Clint had no idea whether Loki was living or dead. He'd given Fury all the evidence he'd found to prove the Góð's innocence, but with no way to even contact Thor, there was nothing he could do to help. It was only by sheer dumb luck that some planetary alignment thing happened, dropping a broken and bleeding Loki onto the farm. Clint took him inside, bandaged his wounds, and made a vow that nothing would ever separate them again.

Fury offered chance to work with the Avengers, but Loki turned it down. After the way he was treated,(the whole no trial thing really made Clint's blood boil), the Góð preferred the outside world not know of his status, so he could live a simple life with the man he loved.

So live simply they did. Loki took care of the farm while Clint went on missions. It gave the archer something to look forward to, a reason to keep going....one reason anyways.

Another reason flew out the door at him.

"Daddy!"

Clint caught the little boy and spun him around in the air, causing him to squeal and giggle.

"Hey Buddy! I'm so happy to see you! Where's your mom at?"

"Currently being used as a chew toy."

Clint looked up to see Loki standing in the doorway. Their six-month old daughter Frigga was chewing on a piece of his hair.

"Well you are pretty tasty," Clint laughed as he stepped onto the porch and kissed him before taking the baby into his arms," Hey sweet girl,did you miss daddy too?"

"You know she did. So, any excess Avengers tagging along this time?"

"Nah, just me...although Nat said she'll stop by on Christmas Eve."

"Good, I really did not feel like shape-shifting into your sister again. Come along, Nathaniel."