Love is a Gift You Don't Have to Wrap

"Sylvie, when is your birthday?"

Sylvie turned over in the bed and stared at her boyfriend curiously.

"I don't exactly remember, but I assume it's the same as yours, why?"

"That date is only two weeks away," Loki said as he fiddled with the sheet," I thought we might have a small celebration...eat cake and exchange a gift or two."

"Alright, that sounds nice,actually."

"Really?"

"Yes,really,"Sylvie laughed before kissing him on the cheek," now come on, let's go get some breakfast and discuss these grand birthday plans of yours."

                                 ***********

"Hey Vie, you gotta minute? I...woah."

Mobius walked into the room and saw what could only be described as a holly jolly disaster. Wrapping paper was strewn all over the place, and in the middle of the tornado sat Sylvie, completely ensnared in ribbons with rolls of tape sticking out of her hair.

"Do I even want to know what happened?"

"Loki wants to exchange gifts, and everyone says that you're supposed to wrap them. Well, I've never wrapped anything before so I thought I'd practice on a few boxes, and then one thing led to another, and....AAAAAHHHHHH!"

She threw the wrappings off with a blast of power, and hid her face in her hands. Mobius sat down next to her and patted her on the knee.

"Don't worry about it, Vie, I can help. How big is the present anyway?"

"That's the other problem, I have no idea what to get him! I don't do shopping and I could probably conjure something but what? What could he possibly want that he can't get himself?"

"Hmm, that's a good question," Mobius said as he scratched his chin in thought,"Maybe something symbolic? Sentimental value is always more important than material."

"Was that your thought process when you gave Thor a light up keychain of Mjölnir?"

Sylvie started laughing at the sight of Mobius's flushed cheeks. It had been obvious since the day they landed in New Ásgarð that he'd had a crush on the Thunðer Góð, and the gift he'd given him on his name day had cemented that.

"Well it worked, didn't it?"

"Indeed it did, you two make quite the lovely couple...although I'm still trying to understand Stark's continuous jokes about "Hammer time".

"Vie, I don't think the multiverse itself could understand Tony Stark's humor."

They both busted out laughing at that. When they finally recovered, she ran a hand through her hair and sighed.