Chapter 13 I WANT TO LIVE

NO POV

Luffy: RRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN! I'VE COME TO GET YOU!

While Blueno may have been a tough member of CP9, he was no match for the power of the second gear. Now Luffy stood on the edge of the gate, calling out to Robin. 

???: What happened?

Luffy turned around and saw the previously unconscious Kai and Peaches now waking up. Luffy quickly rushed to the two and enveloped them in a hug. Beyond Luffy, Kai looked and saw the beaten Blueno. His eyes widened. 

Kai(thought): He actually beat him. He actually beat him. 

Luffy: Come on, let's go get your mom back. 

From the tower, something large came blasting out. When the dust and rubble dispersed, there sat Franky and Robin. 

Franky: Damn, we nearly went over the edge. Hey, are you alright?

He called out to Robin, but she just remained silent. 

Franky: If only I had another bottle of cola, I could have gotten us over the edge. 

Luffy: HEY ROBIN, IS THAT YOU!

Robin looked up quickly and was shocked to see Luffy on the other side of the gap. Not only that, but her son was there too. 

Robin(thought): Kai, no what is he doing here?

Kai: Mom I'm coming for you!

Kai sprouted his wings, ready to fly. But was stopped by an angry voice. 

ROBIN: KAI STOP!

This shocked Kai, for he has never seen his mom truly angry before. 

Robin: WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? I TOLD YOU TO RUN AWAY, NOT TO FOLLOW ME! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE GOTTEN YOURSELF INTO? ANY YOU LUFFY, HOW COULD YOU BRING HIM HERE WHEN U EVEN TOLD YOU GUYS NOT TO COME AFTER ME!

Luffy: What are you talking about? Hang on I'm coming over!

Luffy get ready to slingshot himself over the gap, but was stopped again by Robin's screaming. 

Robin: I JUST WANT TO DIE!

At those words, Kai's entire body went numb. Despite the crazed fighting happening all over the island, everything became silent. 

Kai: what....

The silence was interrupted by clapping, Franky became angry. 

Franky: You...

A foot slammed into Franky knocking back against the rail. 

???: You're in my way. 

From the opening Franky and Robin created, several members on CP9 came out. From a window below several more came flying up and landed above. All remaining members of CP9 were now here. 

Jabra: Hey look Blueno is down. HAHAHAHAHAH!

Lucci: Looks like he had gotten weaker over these past years. 

The government agents and Luffy began exchanging dialogue between each other, but Kai didn't hear any of it. For all he could think about is what Robin just said. Peaches tugged on the boy to get him to snap out of it, but to no avail. 

Kai(thought): She...she wants to die. Why...why does this have to happen to us? All I want is for her to come back. Am...am I the reason she wants...

From behind Luffy and Kai, the roof was destroyed as a tornado came blasting out. From the wreckage, Nami and Chopper landed down. The sudden appearance managed to bring Kai back to reality. Soon after Zoro climbed up and Sanji came crashing through too. Finally, Usopp was flying through the sky before landing up on the roof to. All members of the strawhat pirates have now gathered, all except one.