Jacob

Alexandre Cabanel, Fallen Angel (L'ange déchu), 1847

"Now terror begins inside a bloodless vein
I was just a product of the street youth rage
Born in this world without a voice or say
Caught in the spokes with an abandoned brain
I know you well, but this ain't a game
Blow the smoke in diamond shape
Dying is a gift, so close your eyes and rest in peace."

- King for a Day by Pierce The Veil.

Trigger Warning (TW): Explicit content on violence, murder, and cursing.

"Oh my God!"

Slowly, Jacob turns his gaze towards Veronica and instantly his stomach clenches. She stands before him in a pastel blue towel wrapped around her small frame, water droplets gracing her dark skin as she stares at him wide-eyed. Her hair is completely wrapped by what seems to be a white t-shirt with her face looking hydrated and plump. Jacob's lips part in awe and he can feel the heat racing to his face as Veronica backs into her drawer.

Fuck!

"..." It takes him a moment to pull himself together before questioning her, " Why do you keep this?"

Veronica looks down at the floor then back to his eyes.

" I...wanted to g-give it back."

His eyes drill into her with his thoughts racing inside his mind. Jacob stares as if trying to look inside her- everywhere inside her to find any hint of recognition towards him. If she wanted to give it back, why did she hold onto it like this? Why did she carry it everywhere with her? In her pillows, in her hands, at school as if ... it meant something.

Remember me.

"Do you remember?" Jacob licks his lips, pleading with a dark gaze for her to answer. When Veronica returns his stare confused he furrows his brows somberly. The sound of feet coming towards them cuts the moment and Jacob slides past Veronica as she's distracted then enters her bathroom. He closes the door quietly just before her bedroom door can open.

Veronica's bathroom, compared to his, is the tiniest bathroom he's ever seen. Most of the space is dedicated to her mirror and her shower. The shower curtains were white with blue fishes running across them and she had various hair products adorned over the counter. The floor was still wet with Veronica's scent and steam lingering in the air.

Jacob idly familiarizes himself with her hair products. He picks up her spray bottle that was a milky texture, a couple of combs and brushes, and a huge bottle of conditioner. While inspecting, he catches himself in her mirror and notices blood specks on his forehead peeking behind his fringe. He wipes it then moves his way to the bathtub. He sits on the edge to see inside and finds various long strands of curly hair spread out over it's floor. Unexpectedly, he hears the bathroom door open and before he can turn around, he hears it close with a "Bang!" . Curious, he walks to the door and places his ear against to hear outside.