Arrival | Season 3

Start from the beginning

"I see that Boo has quite the temper." I grabbed the beast's wrist and pulled down, bringing him down to my eye level.

"Boo just wanted to see if you were as strong as I told him you were. He's a bit competitive like that," she shrugged as her bond struggled to free himself from my grasp. "Bad Boo!"

"Wait. Ellie, you can talk to this beast? Are you bonded to it?" I sputtered. The strength of this mana beast had surprised me, but the fact that it was able to converse mentally with my sister meant that Boo was quite a high-level beast.

Jude chuckled, "This is the beast that hatched from the egg I gave to her."

"Well, I'm sure you would like to catch up with your family, Arthur, but let's make it after our discussion," Aldir voiced in a serious tone. "Your family is living here for the time being, as I thought it would be in your best interest."

"Right. Thank you," I nodded, turning back to my family. "I'll talk to you guys soon, okay?"

Jude and I gave everyone, except for Boo, a hug, and followed Virion and Aldir down the narrow corridor to the meeting room.

Sylvie trotted close behind, taking another look back at Boo. 'Do you want me to beat him up for you?'

'I can take care of him myself,' I smirked, reaching down to pet my bond.

As we arrived inside the guarded room, we sat around a large circular table. It was only the four of us inside the rather blandly decorated meeting area so there were quite a bit of empty chairs spaced throughout.

"Just us?" I looked around. "What about the kings and queens, and the lances? I thought I'd at least be seeing Directory Goodsky here."

The asura, Aldir, pulled back the hood that had covered most of his face to reveal his purple eye that glowed in the centre of his forehead. He first looked to Virion and nodded at him.

As Tess's grandfather turned to me, I noticed just how tired and burdened he looked compared to how he was before the war. "Cynthia is currently in a state of self-induced slumber to cope with the effects of the curse she had activated by disclosing intel on the Alacryans."

"It's that bad?" I exclaimed. The report that Windsom had shown me did mention the director's condition, but never to the point of her being in a comatose state.

"Mhmm," the elderly elf nodded solemnly. "I'll show you where she's resting later, but I'm sure there are quite a few other things you're curious about."

I nodded in reply as I went through all of the questions I had on my mind. For each question I bombarded the three leaders of this war with, they patiently answered back. I learned that, while my family was being held here for protection, the Helstea family had gone elsewhere. Vincent was using his resources in trade to assist the war efforts. It was a bit worrisome to think that they might become exposed to danger, but it seemed that the Helsteas mostly stayed in the background—never getting involved anywhere close to where the real battles were.

As for the former king and queen of Sapin, the two reported back to the castle every now and then, but they'd actually been spending most of their efforts in the Kingdom of Darv, hoping to gain the allegiance of the dwarves for this war, while Curtis and my sister in law - yes, I already considered her to be my sister-in-law at this point- joined or made a team to get some experience in a real battle for the actual war. 

I could imagine how Jude would not have really wanted Kathyln to join the war, but probably agreed after she became strong enough.

"Has my father or mother ever thought about fighting in the war as well?" I quizzed.