Chapter 38

Picture of Michael above 😩😌😘. The amount of time I spent on this guy's IG page ehn 😂😂.

Chapter Thirty Eight

CYNTHIA

At the entrance of Grace's class is a group of four girls and one of them is holding... a bat! A baseball bat!

I really hope she isn't using it for what I'm thinking right now.

I look at the girl's face and immediately recognize her as the Chicken girl amongst Dorcas' friends. The one who is Demi's ex. If she is really here with a baseball bat and those girls, does that really mean she is here to fulfill her threats?

She didn't even bring Dorcas and the third girl, Cat or something.

Who the hell are those girls?

I try to sneak into the class just as the teacher in Grace's class starts to leave and breathe out a sigh of relief when I do so without Femi's ex noticing me. I see Grace where she sits in the front row and she looks a bit nervous.

When she sees me, she looks visibly relieved and waves me over. I turn backward to look for Michael but he is nowhere to be found.

Seriously?! He chose this moment to vanish!!

"I think they are really here for me. That's Femi's ex-girlfriend." She mutters nervously as soon as I get to her. I can only nod to let her know that she's right.

"What do I do?" She asks, all anxious and her nervousness begins to rub off on me. I glance at the girls that are now looking at us and realise that only Femi's ex-girlfriend is holding a bat. If I somehow collect the baseball bat from her, beating them up will be easy.

I'm still thinking of how I'll go about collecting the baseball bat from her when she and her girls enter the class and head straight towards us.

Grace and I stand up instinctively and the girl holding the stick smiles sweetly at Grace.

"So... you are Femi's new girlfriend." She says in a sweet tone to Grace, sizing her up. Grace and I exchange looks.

Why is she talking like we are friends?

Discovering that she has her eyes on Grace and isn't looking at me, I figure this might be the right moment to grab the baseball bat from her. I look at the bat and glances up at her, our eyes meeting.

It's like she knows what I have in mind.

"Grab her." She orders the girls and I'm momentarily confused because only one of them is standing beside her. It isn't until they hold me from behind that I realize they were already there, waiting for her instruction.

She looks at me straight in the eye, a sweet smile on her face, "I really don't trust you. You are a wild cat."

I return her gaze with disgust and it's at that particular moment that I understand these kinds of scenes in movies, where the main character who is being held hostage spits into the villain's face.

Because I am really holding myself back from doing the same thing.

She gives me a look of repulsion and tsks, 'It's so sad really that Dorcas isn't here. I'm sure she'll be very pleased with this sight."

"You are a coward. I'm not surprised since your name is Chicken. Why don't you tell these bimbos to release me and let us have a little chat." I say through clenched teeth and she looks at me with mock apprehension before bursting into laughter.