Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

MICHAEL

"Sir, this is just five minutes past six. Are you sure you want to go to school this early?"

The both of us are the only ones seated in the Mercedes that he is currently driving to school. After I had gotten that brilliant idea, I knew I just had to put it into action as soon as possible so I can start today.

"Kunle, do you know when the principal comes to school? I need to talk to her."

He turns to look at me before returning his gaze to the road, "Sir, you do realize the principal isn't your secretary that you can talk to whenever you please."

I reply his statement with a glare and I make sure to stay that way until he sees me.

He clears his throat when he catches the look on my face, "I doubt she will be in school by this time." He responds instead.

"I'll just wait for her."

He glances at me again and I notice the questioning look on his face. He is probably thinking that I've gone crazy or something, going to school this early in the morning.

We arrive at the school and instead of parking at the entrance like he used to, he drives into the school compound.

"Since you aren't with your bodyguards and there is practically no one in school." He explains.

I nod as I unbuckle my seat belt, it's only when I'm about to get down from the car that I remember Dorcas is still asleep on my bed.

"Kunle, drive Dorcas to school or anywhere she wants when she is awake."

"Okay, sir." He watches as I get down from the car, then turns the car around and drives away, leaving me in the middle of the empty school compound.

I look up at the school building which looks intimidating in the dusk with the light from the street bulb illuminating it. I adjust my school bag and head for the last floor where our class is.

Femi had been the only one to call me yesterday to check up on me, I know Wole is still annoyed at me and Peter probably doesn't even care. I'm pretty sure none of them is in school yet.

I discover how wrong the last sentence is though when I arrive in our class and I meet Peter sitting with his legs raised on the table, a book in hand.

He doesn't even know someone entered the classroom as he is so engrossed in the book he is reading.

I clear my throat to announce my arrival and that's when he looks up, his eyebrow raising in question at my presence.

"What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that."

He gives me an 'are-you-for-real' look, "I've always been in school by six in the morning."

My eyes widen at his statement.

Really? He has always been in school that early?

Why?

The question is on the tip of my mouth but the word doesn't come out.

"So why are you here this early when you are still usually asleep by this time?" He asks instead.

"Not like it's any of your business but I have something to do." I retort, dropping my bag on my chair.

"What? Another plan to get close to Cynthia Williams?" He asks with a small smile and I freeze, eyeing him warily.